CMM Engineer / Programmer - Wolverhampton
A truly global company who are specialists in calibration and asset management services, this dynamic business are present in 19 countries and operate in over 30. With over 3,500 employees worldwide they service a unique blend of over 50,000 clients annually, providing an exceptional "one-stop-shop" solution for all. They are one of the largest calibration companies internationally, and have a strong market hold in the Aerospace and Defence industries across the UK.
Due to expansion, this truly innovative company are now looking for a CMM Programmer to join their team, working on site at one of their key customers.
To be responsible for calibration of all aspects of dimensional metrology (CMM operation and programming) and liaising with customers to ensure they receive a first class service.
* Undertake dimensional measurement and calibration to the correct procedures, instructions and specifications employing CMM techniques and equipment. Maintain relevant records of work, data and results in a traceable and auditable manner.
* Calibration of various jigs and fixtures with CMM machines .
* Measurement of special products with CMM machines (simple to complex).
* Operation of Mitutoyo CMM machines using MCOSMOS V3.
* Ability to read technical/CAD drawings and operate equipment to measure required detail.
* Ability to produce CMM programs (simple to complex)
* Perform regular intercomparrison and verification checks.
* Maintain the Calibration Database and filing system
* Maintenance of Calibration Certification and files
* Assist with on the job training when required
* Assist in the development and Improvement of Inspection and Calibration procedures
* Ensure that mandatory and legislative QH&S/HS&E aspects of work are implemented at all times and that adequate training and dissemination of knowledge on safety and other general matters is given to staff under your control
* Endeavour to complete all work within the budgeted costs and target dates and ensure proper control and accounting of work in progress is maintained and that all information required for charging the customer is available.
* Ideally technical qualification such as degree, HND, HNC, NVQ/BTEC Level 3 or above.
* Extensive calibration knowledge and UKAS certification preferred.
* Knowledge of calibration practices and theories, first principles and CMM.
* Operation of Mitutoyo CMM machines using MCOSMOS V3
* Knowledge in Windows-based and laboratory automation software.
* Experience of working within Customer focused environment