Russell Taylor Group are currently working with a leading specialist in calibration, maintenance and measurement of electrical and mechanical services. They are consistently growing and there is room for internal progression within the company and with a mindset that every employee is the entrepreneur of their job and their career, they offer development programmes which are ILM accredited. They participate in building the satisfaction and confidence in their clients and contribute to the entrepreneurial adventure of their companies. On offer there is an excellent salary of up to £23K (depending on experience), day shifts only Monday - Friday, approximately 37 hours. There is also a rewarding and ethical work environment, 33 days holidays, pension, life assurance, and employer perks package.
As an experienced Calibration Engineer, you will be responsible for performing calibrations and measurements on electronic/electrical in house and laboratory equipment. As the Calibration Engineer, your role will be the following:
- Calibration of Mechanical Measuring equipment - Micrometers, Callipers
- Height Gauges, Torque Wrenches, Gauge Blocks
- Calibration of Production Gauging - Plain Plugs, Screw Plugs, Spline Gauges
- Dimensional checks on Fixtures/Tooling using first principle methods
- Surface finish checks on components
- Maintain the Calibration Database and filing system
- Maintenance of Calibration Certification and files
- Assist with on the job training when required
- Assist in the development and Improvement of Inspection and Calibration procedures
- Participate in external/internal audits as required by the Trescal Quality Manager within the customer/Trescal facility.
- Ensure that mandatory and legislative QH&S/HS&E aspects of work are implemented at all times and that adequate training and dissemination of knowledge on safety and other general matters is given to staff under your control.
- Endeavour to complete all work within the budgeted costs and target dates and ensure proper control and accounting of work in progress is maintained and that all information required for charging the customer is available.
Ideally, you will have:
- Previous calibration and measurement engineering experience
- Knowledge of calibration practices and theories.
- Experience in general calibration procedures and quality processes
- Knowledge in Windows-based and laboratory automation software.
- Technical qualifications such as NVQ/BTEC L3 or above or HND/C preferred
- UKAS certification knowledge preferred
- Good communication skills
- Team player
- Proficient in MS Office
- Problem solving skills
If you are interested to discuss this role further, then please contact Anna on 0151 304 7034 or email firstname.lastname@example.org