Role: Calibration Service Engineer
Location: Midlands / Birmingham
Salary: £25,000 - £30,000 + overtime & Living away allowance
Russell Taylor has a fantastic opportunity for a Calibration Service Engineer to work for a Global Calibration company. The person will ideally live around the midlands, working 50 / 50 on the road and in house. You will be provided with; Van, Laptop, Phone and everything you need to do the job! You will have experience of AMS 2750 ideally within Aerospace Industry, Pressure and Temperature and hold a full UK clean driving licence.
- Install, configure, commission, calibrate and repair onsite instrumentation.
- Calibration, verification and troubleshooting of recorders and instruments which monitor level, flow, pressure, temperature to UKAS and AMS 2750E standards.
- Liaise with the internal office and with other staff.
- Liaise with customers prior to executing the job to ensure full understanding of the nature of the job when required.
- Liaise with customers to advise estimated time of arrival and of any delays which may be anticipated
- Adhere to site safety rules, permit to work systems and carry out risk assessments and method statement.
- Comply with industry codes of practice and company Quality Management System.
- Experience in Temperature, electrical, pressure calibration and completing uniformity surveys.
- Customer focused, who can work well on their own or within a team.
- HNC / ONC level - ideally within System / control / Electrical / Instrumentation or Served apprenticeship
- Good knowledge of AMS 2750E
- Good understanding of UKAS ISO 17025 who be highly advantageous
- Excellent problem solver
- Experience calibrating temperature / pressure instruments and including temperature uniformity surveys.
- Proven experience within a field / on-site role.
- Be willing to travel and spend nights away from home.
- Be willing to work overtime when required, incl. weekends.
- Possess a full UK driving licence.
Keywords; Calibration, AMS, 2750, 17025, Pressure, Temperature,