Russell Taylor are working with a leading global company in innovative gas solutions, with more than 30 years of experience in design, installation and the commissioning of industrial gas sampling, measurement and delivery systems.
We are recruiting for a Calibration Technician, based in Staffordshire, who will be responsible for managing an automated calibrated process, such as the preparation and testing of gas analysis and monitoring systems/equipment, and the calibration, repair and servicing of said systems. The role will include the following primary duties:
- Supervising operational and administrative aspects of the calibration process
- Scheduling workloads to meet production targets
- Managing the creation and archiving of calibration record files
- Analysing and troubleshooting raw calibration data files
- Generating device calibration profiles
- Analysing calibration data from faulty instruments to troubleshoot the problem and suggest further actions
- Liaise with Research & Development team to further enhance calibration process efficiency, quality and performance
- Prepare technical reports and presentations
- Liaise with other departments ie. Procurement/Production
- Support other departments as a technical point of contact, ie. R&D and Manufacturing
The appointee will also need to be able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment, and have the ability to prioritise responsibilities, whilst adhering to QHSE policies and laws at all times.
The below skills are essential:
- Attention to detail in high level of repetitive works
- Strong analytical capability and comfort with Excel (desirable to have knowledge of laboratory automation software)
- Knowledge of IT systems, MS Office package especially, with Excel VBA ideally
- Experience in maintaining the Databases and Filing system
- Working to documented written procedures
Exposure to pressure equipment would be advantageous, as well as an understanding of maths, physics and chemistry.
Working hours: Monday to Friday, 37.5 hours a week
Please follow the instructions below to apply!