Russell Taylor Group has a fantastic opportunity for a degree qualified Electrical / Electronic Engineer with 6 years'+ industry experience as qualified to Certification Engineer Level III.
Provide high quality certification services which meets the clients' needs in the most efficient and effective manner possible, while ensuring safe products are available in the public marketplace. This activity requires interpretation of standards, processes and procedures as well as providing technical guidance; analysis; product testing information; compliance and maintenance recommendations; technical reviews and independent checks. Seeks career related training and builds experience towards improving competencies needed to safeguard the integrity of client's global certification programs.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
- Independently manage certification projects concurrently ensuring compliance with all applicable safety requirements achieving completion within time frames and cost deadlines. Evaluate products against requirements of the national / international standards and precedent decisions.
- Demonstrate technical competency to review the work of others.
- Demonstrate technical competency in their respective certification programs.
- Able to accurately perform evaluation and review of complex, unique or unusual product types.
- Demonstrate the ability to consistently manage multiple projects concurrently while maintaining on-time and on-budget performance.
- Able to maintain high productivity in line with company expectations.
- Review test data, reports and authorizes application of Certification Marks.
- Prepare and / or signs Certification Reports and Certificates of Compliance.
- Conduct construction evaluation, ensuring the unit complies with the construction section of the standard; identifies rationale for compliance or non-compliance.
- Collaborate with Lab Technician to create a work order which test are required and the order of the tests and the number of samples required.
- Verify the reports, evaluation and calculations of others. Is able to verify the evaluation details and data recorded are consistent with results of measurements.
- Provide guidance to others in writing their technical reports and can demonstrate understanding of the process and accreditation requirements of reports and certification documents.
- Evaluate products at the customer facility. Witness tests performed by the customer on their products.
- Provide client with assistance in solving problems / failures without divulging proprietary information.
- Evaluate and qualify companies in the administration of Certification Programs. Review customer test methods and systems; reviews new / old product designs and all applicable documentation. Ensure all test equipment and quality procedures are within guidelines. Provide technical briefings on new and existing requirements. Authorise application and / or removal of the client's Mark.
- Provide technical information service to external and internal customers including those forwarded by the Client Service Center. Liaison with customers in the design stage to ensure requirements of national / international standards are met without compromising confidentiality. Provide technical guidance and training. Answer inquiries regarding standards and legal requirements.
- As required may participate in the client's Technical Network, Technical Panel and may support documentation development.
- May be qualified to perform (CB) Report reviews and conduct Category Audits.
- Keeps the Product Group Manager or Team Leader or Assistant Operations Manager informed of project status as required, pointing out major problems and non-compliance.
- Accountable for including the Technical Advisor or Certification Specialist in product / technical discussions that are unique to the client or to the experience of the individual. This aids the Technical Advisor and Certification Specialist to further advance consistency of practices and to provide guidance at the front-end of the process.
- Make field trips and performs test work at manufacturer's facilities as required.
- Has accumulated experience of on-site and / or laboratory testing for both common and product specific testing requirements and can demonstrate an in-depth understanding of testing requirements
- Perform other duties as assigned by the PGM or Team Leader or Assistant Operations Manager.
Preferred Education & Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering with likely 6 or more years of job related experience; or Degree / Diploma in Engineering Technology or related technical field with 8 or more years' experience
- Thorough knowledge of Standards and testing procedures
- Knowledge of CSA, UL and IEC Standards
- Thorough knowledge of CSA certification options, programs and services applicable to a variety of equipment
- High level of interpersonal and communication skills; customer service skills, strong problem-solving ability; detail oriented
- Strong organizational, time and project management skills to complete job tasks independently and in a time-efficient manner
- Ability to work unsupervised, in a team-based work environment
- Read, interpret and develop engineering drawings
- Technical report writing
- Computer proficiency (Microsoft Office)
- Use of various lab equipment, instruments and tools