Role: - Certification Engineer (Life Safety Products) Location: - Surrey (remote depending on experience) Salary: - Competitive junior and senior level available (DOE) Type: - Permanent Hours: - Monday to Friday (37 hours)
Benefits: - Pension: 3% employee/5% employer, Life assurance (2 x salary if not in the pension scheme, 6 x salary if in the pension scheme), Retail discount vouchers, Paid time off to volunteer, Training available to various levels and roles and wellbeing initiatives.
Russell-Taylor Group have a fantastic opportunity for an individual with an electrical/electronic background to join a global testing company in the Surrey. This role is open to senior candidates with certification experience in life safety products (e.g. extinguisher systems, sprinklers, alarm systems and video smoke detection). But don't worry if you are a junior with electronic/electrical qualifications you will also be considered for the role with training provided.
- Review test reports and issue relevant certificates
- Provide formal ISO17025 audits of manufacturers own test laboratories and with relevant international certification schemes
- Prepare and approve test programs
- Assess client's approval requirements against published standards and interpret complex issues relating to standards
- Ensure compliance with accreditations and work on acquiring new accreditations
- Liaise with external accrediting agencies
- Support management and company stakeholders with accurate forecasts and operational statistics
- Represent the company with external bodies and ensure impartiality is maintained throughout the certification process
- To act as an expert within relevant National and International standards.
- Participate in academy training courses
- Provide P&L support to company stakeholders and assist sales with the preparation of quotations
- Electrical/electronic or similar engineering degree or equivalent
- Working knowledge of life safety products (e.g. extinguisher systems, sprinklers, alarm systems and video smoke detection).
- Ability to write reports/document certification results
- Strong knowledge of ISO 17025 (ISO 17065 desirable)
- Ability to work autonomously
- Demonstrate exceptional customer service skills
- Must have excellent time management skills
- If you are a senior looking for a remote role, please be prepared to come on site occasionally.