Role: - Certification Engineering Manager Location: - Surrey Salary: - Highly competitive Type: - Permanent Hours: - Monday to Friday 9-5pm Benefits: - 28 days holiday plus bank holiday, discretionary bonus, 5% pension input
Russell-Taylor Group have a fantastic opportunity for a strong people manager to join a global testing company in Surrey. The ideal candidate must have strong people management experience and have worked to ISO 17065. The role will involve providing product evaluation, ensuring client satisfaction, and helping the business achieve its targets.
- People manage a certification team of 13-14 individuals and provide training to staff that need it.
- Provide profit and loss support to stakeholders as well as forecasting for certification activities
- Ensure that KPIs within team are hit and monitor and evaluate these targets
- Ensure accredited schemes are kept up to date
- Represent the company during internal and external quality assessments.
- Recommend the issue, re-issue, or withdrawal of certificates
- Proactively identify new and/or modified product standards
- Represent Intertek's interests with external bodies
- Liaises with the global VP certification and ensure that developments are consistent throughout the business
- Ensure that UKAS accreditation is maintained
- Provide performance reviews
- Work in line with various teams within the business (lab managers, external accreditors, directors)
- Previous experience of people management is essential
- Working knowledge of ISO 17065
- Understanding of certification schemes
- Strong understanding of customer and market requirements
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with ability to shift priorities when required
- Understanding of P&L
- Commercial acumen
- Understand compliance & regulatory standards
- Ability to handle difficult conversations