Role: Certification Engineers (Electronic /Electrical bias) - Mid/Senior Level
Location: Chester, UK - North West
Salary: Highly Competitive
Benefits: - Flexible working hours (adhering to core business hours), life assurance, pension scheme, after 6 months you will get access to private medical health insurance, discretionary bonus, cycle to work scheme, £200 per year towards fitness and health. After 1 years' service, further benefits are provided.
Russell Taylor Group have some fantastic opportunities for Engineers, mid/ Senior level who have experience working to 60079-11 OR 60079-18,15 or 7 to join a Global Company based near Chester. You will provide high quality certification services which meets their clients' needs in the most efficient and effective manner possible, while ensuring safe products are available in the public marketplace. This activity requires interpretation of standards, processes, and procedures.
- Independently or as a team depending on your level of experience manage certification projects concurrently ensuring compliance with all applicable safety requirements achieving completion within time frames and cost deadlines. Evaluates products against requirements of the national / international standards and precedent decisions.
- Work on projects, deliver projects / tests reports within the agreed timescales and to project budgets.
- Demonstrates technical competence in 2 or more product qualification competencies
- Review test data and reports and authorizes application of the Certification Marks
- Provides client with assistance in solving problems / failures without divulging proprietary information.
- Review customer test methods and systems; reviews new / old product designs and all applicable documentation.
- Ensures all test equipment and quality procedures are within guidelines. Provides technical briefings on new and existing requirements.
- Works with sales to support current clients and develop new client opportunities to support growth
- Explains the different product certifications programs available to clients and the requirements for control of production.
- Prepares Test Lab Work Orders and Special Testing Documentation that includes details regarding applicable sections of relevant standards, test sample plan, data collection methods and tables, Job Hazard Analysis, and any other instructions.
- Provides necessary guidance to Lab Technicians to ensure proper application of requirements and data collections methods are in line.
- Makes field trips and witnesses test work at manufacturer's facilities as required.
For a mid-level engineer;
- 2-3 years of industrial based work within the electronic/electrical manufacturing industry
- Experience of product testing
- Ability to communicate findings and test results
- Ability to demonstrate to others how to set up and test equipment safely
For a Senior Level engineer.
- 3-4+ years of working for a testing and certification-based company
- Experience of relevant design, test and electronic products
- Experience of being able to communicate test rationale to customers and support engineers
- Working knowledge of 60079-11 or 60079-18, 60079-15, 60079-7
- Ability to train others how to test products safely
- Variety of testing procedures / Knowledge of Laboratory instrumentation, including operating principles and calibration procedures, as well as general Laboratory procedure
- Strong problem-solving ability; detail oriented
- Ability to read, interpret engineering drawings, schematics, and test data
Key words; Product Certification Engineer, electronic, 60079-11, 60079-18, 60079-15, 60079-7