Role: - Certification Manager (Electrical)
Location: - Various Locations
Salary: - Competitive (DOE)
Russell-Taylor Group have a fantastic opportunity for an Electrical Certification Manager to join one of our clients testing laboratories in the UK. This a customer facing role working closely with the testing team and also clients & customers. Key responsibilities will include managing and developing certification schemes, delivering product evaluation, achieving client satisfaction and ensuring targets are met within the commercial business. If this is something which interests you, please apply within.
- Ensure that certification applications are processed efficiently
- Review technical reports and deliver certification recommendations and delivery various projects
- Ensure that all project plans are maintained to an excellent standard, so that business forecasts and finances are accurate.
- Represent the company's interests with external bodies (committees & NB)
- Take the initiative to identify new or amended product standards, and keep the certification schemes up to date with the current markets requirements.
- Works closely with different departments- sales, testing team, etc. to assist in any client enquiries to develop programme.
- Works closely with the Sales Team, clients and test laboratories (BSI and external providers) to assess client enquiries and develop appropriate programmes for new certification projects to be prepared in advance.
- Keeping in regular contact- maintaining and developing relationships with current, new & potential clients.
- Potentially may act as account manager for numerous key clients.
- Opportunity for travel globally to support the growth of the business and any necessary certification requirements.
- Degree or equivalent in a relevant electronic/electrical/mechanical subject
- Experience and knowledge on International, European & British standards documentation and procedures.
- Knowledgeable in product-related legislation and European Directives.
- Knowledge of EN 45011 or ISO Guide 65-Product Certification.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to communicate technical issues to a large audience (this could include speaking to someone whose first language isn't English or someone with limited technical knowledge- ability to address in lay terms.)
- Excellent IT skills
- Experience in monitoring budgets and sustaining cost control.