Certification Manager - Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
Russell Taylor Group has fantastic opportunity for a PPE Certification Manager to join a national test and inspection company based in the UK. You will be predominantly office/ home based but there will be a requirement for the successful candidate to attend trade shows, technical committees and the occasional travel within and outside the EU.
You will manage certification schemes for Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) products to both the Personal Protective Equipment Directive and also for PPE and Medical products. The PPE schemes will involve a number of different activities including the initial assessment of products and client's technical files as well as managing the on-going surveillance requirements for product certification.
The position will also require the successful candidate to attend trade shows, trade and technical committees and there will be the requirement for occasional overseas travel both within and outside the EU.
You will also be responsible for:
- Manage PPE CE certification schemes
- Manage PPE and Medical Kitemark schemes
- Carry out on-going surveillance visits and on-site testing where required
- Attend technical meetings and committees where required
- Contribute to the departments income and regulatory requirements
- Be able to read and understand product specifications and directives and discuss at a technical level
- Participate in, maintain and develop activities for UKAS accreditation
- Background in mechanical engineering and/or plastic technologies
- Have a technical ability and be able to understand the workings of life dependant products
- Be able to understand manufacturing processes and the inputs that they require
- Be able to organise their own workloads and schedules with minimal supervision
- Knowledge of product certification processes
- Preferably a Lead Auditor
- Able to discuss technical issues with customers
- Be able to devise complex test programmes for multiple product projects
- Able to read and understand product specifications