Russell Taylor Group has a fantastic opportunity for a degree qualified Electrical / Electronic Engineer with 3 years'+ industry experience as qualified to Certification Engineer Level II. This is an excellent opportunity to mentor others as the successful candidate will mentor other as they gain experience in routine assessment for standards, they are qualified in.
Provides high quality certification services which meets the clients needs in the most efficient and effective manner possible, while ensuring safe products are available in the public marketplace. This activity requires interpretation of standards, processes, and procedures. Makes technical decisions based on a high degree of knowledge, training and experience on certification and testing to maintain the integrity of the cleint's global certification programs.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
- Independently manages certification projects concurrently ensuring compliance with all applicable safety requirements achieving completion within time frames and cost deadlines. Evaluates products against requirements of the national / international standards and precedent decisions.
- Handles a wide spectrum of projects including those that are complex generating high revenue levels.
- Delivers assigned projects / tests within agreed timescales the majority of the time.
- Demonstrates the ability to accurately manage project costs within the agreed budget.
- Able to maintain good productivity in line with company expectations.
- Demonstrates technical competence to review the work of others per divisional quality documents.
- Demonstrates technical competence to perform witness testing per divisional quality documents.
- Demonstrates technical competence in 2 or more product qualification competencies.
- Reviews test data and reports and authorizes application of the client's Mark. Prepares and / or signs Certification Reports and Certificates of Compliance.
- Provides client with assistance in solving problems / failures without divulging proprietary information.
- Keeps the Product Group Manager or Team Leader or Assistant Operations Manager informed of project status as required, pointing out major problems and non-compliance.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Product Group Manager or Team Leader or Assistant Operation Manager.
- Evaluates and qualifies companies in the administration of Certification Programs. Review customer test methods and systems; reviews new / old product designs and all applicable documentation. Ensures all test equipment and quality procedures are within guidelines. Provides technical briefings on new and existing requirements. Authorizes application and / or removal of the client's Mark.
- The qualified Certifier is accountable for including the Technical Advisor or Certification Specialist in product / technical discussions that are unique to the client or to the experience of the individual. This aids the Technical Advisor and Certification Specialist to further advance consistency of practices and to provide guidance at the front-end of the process.
- Provides technical information service to external and internal customers including those forwarded by the Client Service Center. Liaises with customer in design stage to ensure requirements of national / international standards are met without compromising confidentiality.
- Performs within established DQD guidelines.
- Prepares Test Lab Work Orders and Special Testing Documentation that includes details regarding applicable sections of relevant standards, test sample plan, data collection methods and tables, Job Hazard Analysis, and any other instructions.
- Provides necessary guidance to Lab Technicians to ensure proper application of requirements and data collections methods are in line.
- Able to demonstrate experience of performing common testing within the client's laboratories.
- Makes field trips and witnesses test work at manufacturer's facilities as required.
- Has a good knowledge of the clauses and tests within the standards they support and can demonstrate application across multiple product types.
- Demonstrates the ability to compile evaluation record, data and summary test results into forms, templates, and checklists without the need for supervision.
- Demonstrates the ability to correctly interpret the results from the tests with only minimal guidance and supervision.
Preferred Education & Experience
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering with likely 3 years of job related experience or
- Certified Engineering Technologist, Journeyman Electrician, or equivalent industry experience with likely 3 years of related experience
- Knowledge of the client, UL and IEC Standards
- Variety of testing procedures
- Knowledge of client's programs and services
- Demonstrate the ability to confidently and clearly communicate, explain findings, test results and technical decisions to others, including customers and other engineers.
- High level of interpersonal and communication skills; customer service skills
- Strong problem-solving ability; detail oriented
- Strong organizational, time and project management skills
- Able to work unsupervised, in a team-based work environment.
- Computer proficiency (Microsoft Office)
- Technical report writing
- Use of various lab equipment, instruments and tools.