Role: Chemist - ICP-MS
Type: Permanent/Full Time
Location: Salford (M5)
Start Date: July 2021
Salary: £25 - £28K
Russell Taylor Group is delighted to be working with our Manchester based client who is looking to appoint a Chemist/Section Leader with experience in ICP-MS to join and support our highly respected and knowledgeable team of chemists.
The client pride themselves on high level of customer care and the quality of a varied and diverse services. They operate from purpose-built laboratory facilities which have a long history of providing expert advice and analytical solutions to a wide range of industrial and service sectors including pathology & biological, occupational hygiene & environmental & trace organics. Their laboratories enjoy an international reputation for solving complex and novel analytical problems in unusual matrices.
- Meet sample turnaround time requirements.
- Analyse samples using ICP-MS in line with laboratory procedures.
- Ensure AQC samples are analysed at correct frequency and recorded on control charts. Investigate AQC failures and complete relevant documentation.
- Trouble shoot instrument issues and call in external engineers when required to minimise equipment downtime.
- Ensure junior staff are trained in appropriate procedures and training records are maintained
- Supervise, support and provide guidance to junior staff. Ensure laboratory procedures are followed at all times.
- Complete method validation/development in line with relevant projects.
- Review analytical data to ensure results are correct.
- Ensure quality records are maintained in line with laboratory requirements. This includes laboratory notebooks, reference standard spreadsheet, labelling of reagents/standards and AQC preparation records.
- Ensure stock levels are effectively managed e.g. consumables & chemicals
- Maintain housekeeping standards
- Comply with H&S requirements, promote safe working practices and report any H&S concerns to senior management.
- BSc in Science or equivalent
- Maintenance and troubleshooting skills
- Experience of working in a fast paced UKAS accredited laboratory
- Work based chromatography experience