CI Engineer (FMCG Manufacturing)
Salary £45k + Competitive benefits package
We are recruiting for our client who is a hugely successful FMCG packaging business, as they look to expand their Production and Engineering Team. Their market is thriving and this could be perfect timing to join their business during these challenging global times. The CI Engineer role will provide the perfect opportunity to have a direct impact with the improvement of the site based manufacturing performance
The CI Engineer roles will be working within a newly created team responsible for the delivery of continuous improvement and process innovation. The CI Engineer/Manager will play an important role in helping to foster a culture of sustainable change through the creation and embedding of LEAN methodology and the supporting framework, to deliver business improvements.
They are currently undertaking a major site wide LEAN Manufacturing development plan and this role will be key in challenging the normal and improving the now. This role will balance stakeholder management with shop floor engagement as they deliver the strategy with a clear and concise method.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Identifying and delivering small and medium sized projects to assist in improving the day to day running of the manufacturing operation
- Identifying trends and process variations as part of establishing a continuous improvement monitoring system
- Recommending, supporting, and introducing improvement initiatives
- Coaching and implementing LEAN Manufacturing Principles, and championing, monitoring, and facilitating a team working/CI environment across the Manufacturing function to empower staff to identify and solve problems
- To work with key business stakeholders, and cross-functional 'LEAN champions', to build a continuous improvement environment to support an ongoing programme of change.
- Driving efficiency and productivity movements to reduce cost and maximise quality and availability to the customer
- Facilitating LEAN/process improvement-based teams to drive ideas and solutions
- Designing and overseeing site improvement projects.
- Developing and monitoring a continuous LEAN training programme that enhances department and people skills in line with IIP principles
- Championing and promoting a safety culture by proactively developing a safe working environment
- The preferred candidate will ideally be an Engineering graduate or similar with 5+ years Continuous Improvement experience in an FMCG environment
- Minimum accredited LEAN Six Sigma Green Belt, preferably Black Belt
- Experience of coaching LEAN manufacturing techniques, with a proven record of achievement in a high volume production environment
- Excellent communication, motivational, analytical and planning skills are essential
- Be passionate about continuous improvement and developing an improvement culture
- Have the ability to manage multiple tasks under pressure
- Excellent IT skills - including Project, Visio, Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Experience of SAP, MI/Data Analysis is desirable
Apply via CV Submission or contact Mike Cairns on 07741260386