Civil CAD Technician
Competitive + Benefits
Commutable form Warrington, Wigan, Stockport, Wilmslow, Liverpool, Manchester
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Civil CAD Technician to work within the Manchester area. The ideal candidate will live in or around the area and will have experience using Micro Drainage and Civils 3D.
This is a major opportunity for an ambitious person looking to further their career. The company are offering a competitive salary, pension and 25 holiday days + bank holidays.
It is your job as the Civil CAD Technician to help produce the schematic/concept designs for various highways and drainage projects using AutoCAD, Civils 3D, Micro Drainage and Site 3D. You will also be involved with developing relationships with clients and other professionals with the aim of securing new job opportunities.
You are also responsible for:
- The analysis and design of drainage and highways, progressing to detailed design and approval.
- Visiting sites and attending site meetings.
- Involvement in internal project design meetings and preparing correspondence reports.
- Attend external design meetings with clients and other design team members.
- Assisting in the production of AutoCAD and Civils 3D drawing information and undertaking quality reviews of drawn information prior to issue.
- There is also a requirement to work with staff to undertake Flood Risk Assessments and Drainage Strategies.
- Minimum of HNC/HND Engineering or related subject.
- Must have experience working in a similar role.
- Must be IT literate with experience of civil design software packages - AutoCAD, Civils 3D, Micro Drainage.
- An understanding of BIM requirements within civil projects.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to develop client relationships.