Commutable from Southampton, Waterlooville, Winchester, Andover, Basingstoke, Newbury
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Civil Engineer to join an award winning, multi-disciplined Consultancy. The ideal candidate will have experience with Section 278, Section 38 and Section 104 as well as experience with Microdrainage and AutoCAD.
As well as a competitive salary, my client is offering 25 holiday days and study leave, private healthcare, life assurance, pension and many other benefits.
As a Civil Engineer you will be joining a busy team and undertaking all aspects of the civil engineering design from Pre-Planning, Conceptual design through to the production of As-Built drawings.
You will also be responsible for the following:
- Producing highways and drainage designs relating to medium to large development infrastructure projects.
- Project profitability (monitoring / planning of costs and budgets) and delivering work to fee's agreed.
- Preparing project proposals and overseeing projects.
- Producing flood risk assessments and Drainage strategies.
- Represent the company at external meetings with clients and fellow professionals.
- Producing civil engineering drawings and layout and mentor junior staff when necessary.
- Supporting senior civil engineering staff with design.
- Minimum 3 years' experience in a similar environment using Microdrainage and AutoCAD
- Pre-Planning experience for Flood Risk and Master planning support experience.
- A good understanding of the Sectional Agreements required to obtain technical approval for highway and drainage schemes (e.g. Section 278, Section 104 etc.)
- An understanding of DMRB and MfS Vol 1 and 2.
- Good understanding of Building Regulation Part H designs.