- Comply with The Fundamental Principles of the organisation in everyday activities.
- Promote process safety leadership as the core of the organisation's culture.
- Be a key contributor to the Asset Management Team to support the team to meet the business and team objectives.
- Ensure Civil Engineering Projects are completed and are fully compliant with company policies, procedures and legal requirements, particularly safety and ensuring safe systems of work.
- Manage staff time and resources to ensure well controlled, compliant with the Working Time Regulations and meet responsibilities for health and safety.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with the key stakeholders internally and externally.
- Consistently maintain a professional approach in day to day activities.
- Ensure effective and appropriate communication at all times.
- Report on activities and provide relevant management information.
- Maintain high standards of probity and confidentiality.
- Be a key contributor to the improvement of project management systems, procedures and workflows.
- Act as organisation technical authority providing leadership and guidance on all civil activities for organisation senior management and other organisation engineering disciplines, specialist consultants and suppliers for the OFD assets.
- Plan and manage the programme of works for Civil Engineering Projects in line with company standards and relevant and UK / European legislation.
- Develop the scope of works based on 3rd party inspection reports/data.
- Develop budgets and forecasts for programme of work.
- Liaise with Operations and other stakeholders to define maintenance windows.
- Liaise with other members of the organisation Asset Technical Team on standards & codes.
- Identify and select suppliers in line with relevant legislation and Agency procedures.
- Produce detailed programme of works/Gantt charts etc.
- Act as technical lead on all Civil regulatory issues, liaise with the Regulatory bodies, including HSE and Environment Agency (SEPA in Scotland), review and make recommendations on health, safety and environmental regulations and strategies to ensure compliance
- Working knowledge of COMAH, MOC, and CDM regulations.
- Previous experience of working within MAH environments.
- Previous experience of managing multiple site works.
- Manage documentation/data/records within document management systems.
- Apply the MOC process for the life cycle of the project.
- Ad hoc projects and tasks as required.
- Ensure activities are in accordance with the Agency's accounting procedures. This includes the proper authorisation and timely submission of expenses.
- Adhere to procedures relating to the proper use and care of assets, equipment and materials for which the role has responsibility.
- To be a key contributor in the planning budget forecasts for submission to the Leadership Team for approval in line with organisation's agreed business strategic and budget plans.
- Provide budget proposals for Project spends and work collaboratively with Finance to provide management information for monthly reporting.