Client Account Manager - Grants and Funding
Company My client is a dynamic and progressive research and technology company with a vast client base. The company is vigorously involved in a variety of UK and EU combined research projects, funded by both the European Commission and Innovate UK.
The forward thinking company also provides support to industry leading clients, assisting them in the identification of appropriate funding avenues, whilst also formulating and supporting applications to help them secure relevant grants for the development of new products and solutions.
Due to continued expansion, they are now looking to appoint a strategic business development professional to work closely with one of their biggest clients to ensure continued cooperation and further development opportunities. As Client Account Manager, you will be responsible for building and progressing a strong working relationship with their largest customer, actively promoting the company's writing department.
This is a multifaceted position where you will be working closely with the proposal writers in order to review proposals, assist with writing bids during busy periods, whilst also proactively coaching less experienced members of the team in order to ensure all work is carried out to a high standard for the client.
- Introduce company to all relevant contacts within the client
- Develop writing and funding division by working closely with the proposal writers
- Set up Quality Assurance Procedures for staff to follow
- Employ, train and progress a team of subject matter experts
- Continually promote industry presence through attending conferences, research reports and white papers
As the "face" of the company you will have the opportunity to build credibility in and outside the organisation.
- Must be involved in the Proposal Writing world and have a strong background of developing successful tenders
- Excellent knowledge of funding routes such as Innovate UK and European funding (Horizon 2020)
- Existing network of Proposal Writers would be ideal
- Vast Business Development experience within a consultancy setting, and an ability to develop long lasting relationships with clients and colleagues alike
- Strong proposal/bid writing and project management experience
- Organisational capabilities, with understanding of strategy tools and frameworks
- Willingness to travel
- Willing to relocate and work from Cambridge full time