- Lead, motivate and develop their team ensuring that the planned output requirements and quality standards are met whilst ensuring all H&S guidelines are followed.
- Be the main driving force for the scheduling and allocation of workloads, problem solving, tooling and other related issues.
- Actively participate and represent the Milling Section in the daily production meetings.
- Act as the lead CNC programmer for the Milling Section and generate all CNC programs for new parts in the Milling Section.
- Set and operate a range of 3 and 4 axis CNC VMC's with Siemens and Fanuc controls.
- Interpret engineering drawings and machined parts to specification.
- Interpret and recommend changes to CNC programs.
- Liaise with the tooling production engineers to communicate tooling and fixture requirements for both new and existing products.
- Liaise with production engineers to develop the most efficient machining methods and recommend improvements to programs, tooling methods in order to maximise productivity.
- Identify and select the most appropriate tooling required.
- Review programs for all existing parts with a view to improve quality, cycle times, methods etc.
- Be actively involved in the initial APQP review and set up of new product ensuring the fastest cycle times possible are achieved and increasing the departments efficiencies and overall output, without sacrificing on quality.
- Ensure the new product follows the full introduction cycle ensuring accurate collection and uploading of routing data.
- Design and implement Standard Operating Procedures and Set Up sheets.
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- HND/Degree in Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering.
- Extensive knowledge and skill set in programming, setting and operating FANUC and Siemens 840D.
- Ability to understand engineering requirements, including able to understand engineering drawings and interrogate that information.
- Well-developed and hands on experience on multi-axis CNC Milling operations and programs.
- Knowledge of working with CNC vertical milling machines.
- Experience of working with CAD-CAM ideally with Feature Cam or similar.
- Competent in MS Office packages.
- Experience in working with lean principles i.e. Kaizen, 5s.
- Understanding of H&S requirements and fundamentals of HR within the workplace.
- Project Management Skills/Experience.
- Demonstrating a record of delivering to quality standards.
- Demonstrating an understanding of Company processes, policies and procedures.
Hours of Work:
Monday to Thursday 07:30hrs - 16:30hrs
Friday 07:30hrs - 12:30hrs