In your new role your duties will be:
- Programming (both online and offline) of CNC 5axis Milling machines
- Creating CNC program in line with drawing requirements.
- Machining to tight tolerances and ensuring quality of work
- Writing new programs from technical drawings and edit existing programs.
- Demonstrating high levels of concentration and focus to achieve production targets and scheduled customer deadlines.
- Following written work instructions, safe working practices and maintaining a safe and tidy work area at all times.
- Monitoring your own Quality and Productivity with a continuous improvement mind set.
- Safely and efficiently proving out both new and proven programs / set ups with absolute minimum scrap / waste.
- Adhering to all current HSE legislation with a proactive view on company policies.
To be successful in your new role you will need:
- Time served Engineering apprenticeship and/or qualified to ONC (or higher) in Mechanical Engineering
- Knowledge of operating, setting and programming CNC Machining Centres in accordance with customer specifications and company quality management standards.
- Knowledge of programming FANUC CNC controls
- Experience of Nakamura lathe with live tooling
- Previous experience in light to medium milling envelope essential.
- Must be able to read, understand and correctly interpret Engineering Drawings.
- Must be able to change tool inserts and reset / alter offsets to achieve drawing specifications and tolerances
Night Working Hours:
Monday 7.15pm - 6am
Tuesday 6pm - 6am
Wednesday 6pm - 6am
Thursday 6pm - 6am
Working 38.75 hrs with 6 hrs overtime
- 25 days annual leave + Bank Holidays
- Government pension scheme
- Overtime available