- Generate NC programs using i.e. Siemens and Fanuc.
- Safely setting and operating a range of machine tools and ancillary equipment necessary to carry out the machining skills of CNC machining, turning, tapping, boring and grinding.
- Reading and understanding technical drawings.
- Using measuring instruments in metric units and/or imperial units necessary for the production of work pieces to the standards outlined by engineering drawings.
- Selecting and using the correct cutting tools, feeds, speeds, coolants and lubricants appropriate to the type of operation, material to be cut and surface texture requirements.
- Routine care and cleaning of machines and ancillary equipment.
- Recognising machining and material defects, appreciating causes, applying remedies and preventative action.
- All work should be inspected for surface finish, dimensional accuracy and checked for the overall quality of the finished component.
- To work in a safe and productive manner as outlined in the company safety policy. Particular attention to safety should be paid to operating machine tool equipment.
- To maintain a clean and tidy place of work. Particular attention to the storage of chemical and other dangerous substances. Undertaking machine coolant change as and when required.
- Your work place and working area must be kept clean and tidy. Good housekeeping standards are important, thus, any concerns raised will reflect on the individuals concerned.
- Safety footwear is deemed compulsory in this area and must be worn at all times.
- Perform within the requirements of your position and to the companies Health & Safety standards, as defined in the company Health & Safety Policy.
- Operate within the companies Health and Safety Policy and detailed safe working practices. To report any variances immediately to the Production Director or the Health and Safety Manager.
- To carry out any other duties when required. This could involve working in other departments within the factory as and when deemed necessary.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND EXPERIENCE
- Experience with Programming setting and operating CNC lathes.
- Be able to read and interpret drawings and tolerances.
- Be able to use a wide range of different measuring devices and inspection techniques.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Understanding of H&S requirements and fundamentals of HR within the workplace
- Familiar with Aerospace AS9100D requirements in relation to CNC turner's role.
Hours of Work
Monday to Thursday 07:30hrs - 16:30hrs; Friday 07:30hrs - 12:30hrs.