I am currently recruiting on behalf of a large Civil Engineering contractor based in the West Lancashire area. They are looking to add an experienced Commercial Assistant/ Procurement administrator to the team. On the civils arm of the business they have a portfolio covering Highways, remedial works, deep excavation, major earthworks.
Job Purpose Summary
Providing support to the Commercial Manager / Quantity Surveyor to ensure that records are taken and maintained, assisting in the reporting of weekly costs on contracts and the approval of selected subcontract payments.
Providing support to the Site Management and Commercial Team regarding the materials and plant procurement.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Order office welfare, fencing and consumables and all site set up needs and co-ordinate delivery and site set up to Company min standards, inc all signs and site notice boards and help populate site boards.
- Via the site start up tracker document (live site set up document), place orders for fuel, materials, plant and any site needs via co-ordination with the Site Lead.
- Order to a procurement schedule for the scheme
- Ensure correct Records are kept and maintained on site
- Have an awareness of Construction Techniques and Preambles
- Walk around site to ensure awareness of on going activities / identify potential problemsFinancial
- Weekly Cost Reporting for Civils & Remediation contracts
- Pick up all weekly time sheets and delivery sheets and provide weekly costs, check and reconcile with site weekly issue allocation sheets. Deal with all plant and material invoice queries and assess invoices and approval for payment then forward to finance team,
- Produce a monthly summary costs for each site and reconcile against the Company Cost File issue
- Liaise daily with each site manager as to weekly orders and needs.
- Set up Plant small tools and materials schedules as to the best / least costs and provide this information to our commercial and site teams
- Check in all hired plant and tools / fencing and photo survey same pre off hire and manage the company damage costs to minimal.
- Manage all small tools and small plant weekly reconciliation.
- Support site teams with reactive pick up of small tools or consumables (anything that would fit in a van) when they need to recover a situation / respond to an issue in being flexible and picking up transporting kit, if required,
- Assist in compiling Tender Packages and undertaking basic Subcontract Procurement
- Work as an Integral part of the Site Team
- Provide Procurement Support to the Operational Team
- Provide Commercial Support to the operational Team
- Work in line with established QA Procedures
If you have the skills and experience outlined above please apply now or contact Aisling Ward on 01517375560 for more information.