Our Client is seeking 2 Commercial Engineers in the Oxfordshire area.
You will be working alongside a highly motivated and skilled team, with opportunities to develop and progress your own career within a well-structured, organised and professional company.
- Apprentice trained engineer or similar discipline
- Strong background in mechanical engineering,
- Ability to understand and interpret engineering information
- Good communicator at all levels both verbal and written with persuasive negotiating skills
- Good level of IT literacy
- Knowledge of Continuous Improvement and Lean Manufacturing techniques
- Experience as an account manager in an engineering company would be advantageous
- Experience in a sub-contract machining company would be advantageous.
- To estimate, quote accurately within a timely manner.
- Liaise with customers technically as required and take ownership of contracts and manage to completion.
- Produce optimum method & profitable estimates from drawings or digitally provided data, capture all relevant information and provide clear narratives where required, within the allocated timeframe.
- Project manage new business, generate project plan and necessary documentation.
- Create clear and concise quotes and submits quotes for review prior to submission.
- Complete & conduct quick load as a priority for a new orders, make sure all information including materials and specifications is captured prior to performing.
- Complete & conduct contract review - adopt a critical approach.
- Negotiate raw materials and purchase as required, liaise with suppliers and obtain new suppliers for outwork processes.
- Provide technical support, methods, tooling and project management.
- Monitor contract profitability and review with production/supply chain where appropriate in terms of price increases. Improve profitability by process improvement / cost reduction wherever possible.
- To be proactive in continuous improvement ideas on product Quality and Delivery and reduce Cost.