North West –Manchester
My client is a leading joinery sub-contractor, we currently have a requirement to be based in our clients North West office, joining an experienced but dynamic Commercial Team. As Commercial Manager you will be required to assist with our clients North West UK project operations, handling Project Values up to 1.3 million. The role will involve both tendering and framework tasks, so previous experience of these areas is essential. You will be managing a team of 5 Quantity Surveyors so previous experience at this level is essential.
We are ideally looking to attract Candidates with 8+ years’ post graduate experience, with ideally a Degree, and a HND in relevant area. The successful Commercial Manger ideally will have a proven history in joinery packages although refurbishment or main contracting projects will also be considered. This is an excellent challenging permanent position in a busy environment, for an experienced Commercial Manager to lead a team.
Responsibilities also include:
- To attend site and progress meetings as required by the Client.
- To advise on the construction cost implications of any instruction and other matters as requested by the Client.
- To prepare periodic cost reports in agreed format at specified times
- To prepare, negotiate, and issue final accounts and final statements
- Taking bills of quantities and using up to date computerised estimating software.
- Ensure all Team of Quantity Surveyors projects and workloads following site programme