Commercial Manager (FMCG Manufacturer)
Competitive Salary plus Car allowance and Bonus
Our client is an established FMCG Manufacturer in the Personal Care sector who have undertaken a period of growth and are continuing to develop their product portfolio. They are looking for an experienced Commercial Manager who will be responsible for the growth and development of existing and new accounts. A forward thinking individual who has the drive and maximise all opportunities and deliver annual growth of sales.
The preferred candidate will preferably come from the personal care or cosmetics sector.
Commercial Manager role
- Manage all levels of commercial business activity for both existing and new customers.
- Use network to develop new business opportunities, managing the whole sales process from developing new prospective customers and maximising existing client relationships.
- Regularly meet with existing customers and ensure a high level of interaction and visibility.
- Keep up-to-date with customers market trends to ensure the customers' business needs and opportunities are understood and met.
- Identify new opportunities for existing business within new and existing ranges to drive sustainable, profitable customer growth.
- Responsible for all negotiation and quotation submission (including T&C's, Contractual Agreements and ways of working).
- Lead and manage annual cost reviews for given customer base.
- Work with Finance to forecast annual/quarterly/monthly sales value and volume budgets.
- Attend Exhibitions; representing and selling the expertise and capabilities of the company.
- Manage NPD externally with clients, pull together NPD brief and work with customer
- 'Hunter' mentality, driven, hungry and proactive.
- Experience in working within contract manufacturing is essential.
- Experience within the Personal Care, Household and Pet Care industry.
- New product development and project management knowledge.
- People person: Confident communicator, presentation skills.
- Ability to work under pressure, prioritise workload, problem solve
- Strong leadership skills: Hands on and collaborative approach.
- Experience of working with Brand Owners, Designers and coordinating between Packaging, Purchasing and Supply chain.
- Ability to use computerised information systems, input, retrieve and manage customer accounts
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Outlook
- Good verbal communication and good interpersonal skills at all levels of the business both internally and externally
A fantastic opportunity for the successful incumbent to forge an exciting career with long term career progression potential.
Apply via CV Submission or contact Mike Cairns on 0151 304 7036 to discuss further.