Russell Taylor are working with a leading provider of air movement and ventilation ductwork solutions, delivering flagship projects throughout the UK across such sectors as Energy & Power, Nuclear, Manufacturing and Process Facilities. This company are also part of an international EPC construction and engineering group that operates across 5 continents and employ over 7,000 staff members internationally with an annual turnover in the region of $3.5Bn.
Commercial and contractual accountability for all aspects of the project, including management of project commercial staff.
Brief description of Responsibilities
- Ensuring project cost & value forecasts are accurate and regularly updated / maintained, maximising project margin where possible
- Ensuring project revenue and cash flow projections are accurate and regularly updated / maintained
- Have a clear understanding of project scope, ensuring this is communicated to all members of the team
- Compiling of all project cost/status/package reports in accordance with project & business timetables
- Ensuring the project interim applications for payment are submitted on time, with full entitlement
- Ensuring all contract administration/procedures/mechanisms are followed by the project team to protect the business's position at all times
- Ensuring Early Warning / Compensation Event Notifications and Quotations are issued in accordance with the NEC Contract (to the Client and Subcontractors), agreeing both time & cost in accordance with the Contract and in a timely manner
- Knowledge, Skills & Qualifications
- Strong understanding of the NEC form of Contract
- Significant experience managing a Target Cost project of this nature
- Significant experience managing teams of Quantity Surveyors of all levels
- Experience managing/producing/submitting/defending Client and/or Subcontractor claims (e.g. EOT/L&E etc.)
- Strong experience in commercial reporting and forecasting on a Target Cost project of this nature
- Willing to travel
- Highly Desirable (but not essential)
- Chartered Membership of RICS / CIOB.
- Commercial Related degreeSalary
- The successful Commercial Manager can expect to receive:
- Salary - Competitive (Negotiable dependant on experience)
- Car Allowance - £400 / 450 per month
- Alongside your salary you will also receive -
- Fuel card: Business & reasonable private mileage
- Car insurance: Business & private cover
- Life Assurance: 3 x annual salary
- Pension Provision: Minimum employee 5% - employer to match contribution, up to 7%
- Private Healthcare: BUPA (benefit in kind) For more details about this role please contact Brian Berry at Russell Taylor.
- Please note that this role will require the successful applicant to obtain UK security clearance therefore we regret that we are only able to accept applications from individuals who have been resident in the UK for at least the previous 5 years and who hold a full UK passport.