Job Title: Commercial Manager
Salary: £50-55,000 bonus, car allowance, benefits
Our client, who specialises in the manufacture and supply of unique insulation and fire protection systems, are looking for a Commercial Manager to join their Projects team, based in Gloucester.
The Commercial Manager will be responsible for the commercial review of new contracts and management of commercial reporting between the Project Management team and the Finance department. The key factor to success in this role will be the ability to effectively and efficiently support the Project Managers in commercial management of projects including management of cost, value, variations and forecasting by improving and implementing commercial processes and procedures.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Leading monthly commercial meetings with Project Managers
- Monthly commercial reporting of project status to finance department
- Review Terms and Conditions for new contracts and negotiate when necessary with customers
- Assist Project Managers with commercial review preparation as required, focusing on value and costs
- Alignment on forecasting tools for Project Managers, developing best practise for commercial forecasting, reporting and tracking across projects
- Reviewing handover forecast position with Project Managers, providing support on setting up initial forecast for projects
- Invoice tracking with Project Managers to ensure invoicing is kept up to date and support as necessary with more complex invoices, recognising milestones and targets.
- Support Project Managers on variations, producing formal documentation where required for formal issue by the Projects team (including agreed rates, appreciation of associated costs, flexibility of quotations / variations to achieve end goal)
- Support Project Managers in claim production to ensure claims are evidenced and logical.
- Supporting Finance Department on yearly audits
The suitable candidate for this role is preferably qualified but will possess proven experience emanating from a civils, utilities or possibly wider construction contractor (i.e. contaminated land). They will be able to illustrate a record of working with projects of reasonable scale and number in order to demonstrate their ability to smoothly assume responsibility for all the ongoing and future projects at the company.
Experience must include active commercial involvement in the whole project life cycle - i.e. pre and post contract award, with a number of concurrent projects (rather than working on one large project); as they must be able to manage a large number of quite diverse projects in various stages of completion.
The right personality of the individual is important along with their ability to import the desired commercial bite without constricting the fluid nature of projects delivery and alienating either the project teams or clients.
Providing commercial support to the Project Managers through contract negotiations, variations and recovery will be required. Therefore the Commercial Manager must be able to flexibly implement the necessary changes whilst retaining a pragmatic eye and communicating effectively with the project teams.
You must be a team player with set goals to achieve but set about doing so in a professional and engaging manner. Almost all projects will be delivered remotely and will be international, therefore contact will be electronic and by telephone so it is even more essential for the working style to be flexible and collaborative.
This is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious, can-do person; with plenty of opportunities to get their teeth into. Projects are quite varied - both in size and activity but also the company will be growing its manufacturing capability and diversifying into new markets.
The position is available ASAP and comes with attractive remuneration package including bonus, car allowance and other benefits (pension, life assurance, medical insurance).
To apply for this role please forward your CV to Andy.Coppock@Russell-Taylor.co.uk