A global leader in the design, engineering and construction of high tech facilities and major complex projects, this company has extensive in-house technical resources combining process, mechanical and electrical engineering, technology integration, lean construction and commissioning expertise. Our unique combination of high-tech engineering and excellent project management help our customers to reach their goals and to strive for new horizons.
For over a century they have been at the forefront of engineering advanced design and construction solutions. Today, with over 6,000 technical professionals operating in over 30 countries worldwide, we have the expertise to deliver the most complex projects to the most exacting performance standards.
- £Competitive salary
- Car Allowance
- Private Healthcare
- Ensure all Pre / Post commercial project risks are managed effectively
- Responsible for supporting procurement plans and contracting strategies before working with the legal team to formulate support templates for head, subcontract, consortium agreements, collateral Warranties and for ensuring the application of project remuneration systems involving our Client and supply chain.
- Support for development and negotiating with our Clients and the supply chain covering all aspects of contract execution. (2 Phase tender will be part of this requirements)
- Actively managing Client / Subcontractor / consultants, accounts, Applications / Valuations / claims and forecasts, in a timely manner, and any specific contractual notices that may be required
- Subcontract / Sub-consultant Payments to the agreed schedule contract timings
- Reporting and resolving issues that arise from these accounts and mitigating any risk to the company from issues arising
- Ensure financial aspects and impacts of contract are clear to all parties
- Creating the initial Design and Subcontract agreements in a timely manner, and negotiate up front that all terms and conditions of the Main Contract flow down (Legal will support initial template requirement and specific legal queries).
- Produce and check all Recommendations to Award, and all required supporting documents are correct and align e.g. contract sum detail, analysis, schedules. Prior to Senior Management sign off.
- Preparing commercial evaluation prior to price-close out / agreement, such that comments/objections can be considered
- Determine and summarise the commercial status of a tender or contract during each period, attention to aspects of the contract having commercial implications
- Accurate monthly reporting (Commercial Status F052, Package F051 and Prelims F053 Reports are to be created and updated on the monthly basis as to the specified dates required for review by Senior Management.
- Commercial team interaction and advice to all disciplines, pre and post contract
- Liaising between Site Project team and Pre Contract Team, to smooth the start up on site and procurement questions
- Actively Support and work with:
- Liaise with Legal team, and follow up to completion all flow down of Main Contract terms and conditions to Subcontracts and Sub-consultant agreements. Negotiate all required terms and agree with Commercial Lead.
- Commercial Commentaries and input to PQQs and Commercial Project Approach.
- the bid team to ensure that the submission properly addresses the tender “COMMERCIAL” requirements, whilst optimising our competitive advantage and profitability
- For the submission itself:
- Support Proposals Manager and attend, if required, with any tender presentations and/or interviews with the client, During the tender period.
- Attend bid team progress meetings, as required, and generally manage commercial progress versus key milestones
- Attend any required meetings with external consultants / subcontractors, ensuring that Commercial notes and minutes are taken.
- Attend Project start-up /handover meeting to formally pass Pre / Post Contract Commercial Understanding responsibility to the Project team.
- NEC3 / JCT Experienced, good Knowledge and working understanding
- Travel to Support Tender interviews, early interaction with Client Applications prior to Handover to Project team. Possible periods of time on site, prior to Handover to the Post Contract Commercial Manager.
- A confident, dynamic team player with strong relationship and collaboration skills capable of delivering solution focused results
- Demonstrable organisational abilities with accurate and organised methods of working
- IT literate with high level abilities in main stream software such as Outlook, Word, Excel, Publisher and PowerPoint
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in dealing with tender documentation and database management
- Driven to deliver quality results, under pressure, on their own initiative and a proactive “can-do” attitude
- Confident individual with the ability to manage multiple projects within very tight deadlines, give direction and organise workload for themselves and others
- Good general level of education
- Problem solving skills
- Excellent communication skills – able to deal with colleagues and external contacts / visitors and Clients in a confident and professional manner
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Office software suites (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
- 2 Phase tendering
To find out more call Patrick from Russell Taylor on 0151 304 7034. Alternatively, email firstname.lastname@example.org