Russell Taylor are proud to offer this fantastic opportunity with our client, a global leader in their market sector. This amazing opportunity is to be a key member of the Supply Chain team and assist with all the Purchasing, Planning, as well as looking after and maintaining progress of the Supply chain from the customer order receipts to dispatch of products OTIF. Are you a well organised individual with supply chain experience? Would you like to be part of the team continuously working to meet client's requirements and striving to improve in all areas where possible? If Yes then this could be the role for you.
Your new role as Commercial Officer will involve:
- Inputting customer orders and managing through to planning and dispatch, through planning scenarios.
- Responsible for the purchasing of raw materials and packaging to ensure customer orders are fulfilled OTIF and that the factory plan can be achieved, seeking opportunities for savings, price breaks and improved ways of working.
- Eliminate short term and last minute weekly plan changes to reduce waste in the supply chain. Introduce plan stability and agree achievable delivery dates with customers.
- Responsible for supplier contact in relation to order management & general commercial enquiries.
- Provide projected spends on materials and ways of working to stabilise cash flow using JIT approach.
- Effectively monitor stock value and stock levels on site.
- Participation in project activities as defined from time to time.
- Set Up of new Bill of Materials and item codes.
- Raising Quality documents i.e Change Control when suppliers or customers request changes.
To be successful in your new role you will have:
- Have a strong understanding of Supply Planning process.
- Understand supply chains, and in particular an in-depth knowledge of manufacturing process.
- Previous experience and working knowledge of MRP Systems, financial management (ideally SAGE 1000) and Microsoft Office suite (particularly Excel).
- Planning and organisational skills, be able to plan ahead, complete tasks on time and to the standard required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, able to liaise with all departments on the business, suppliers and customers.
- Have excellent organisation skills, be able to problem solve and drive innovation and improvement in the operational process.
- Holiday 25 Days
- Option to Buy additional 5 days Holiday
- Employers Pension contribution
- Other flexible benefits
- Hours of work: 8am - 5pm Mon - Thur and a 2pm finish on a Friday