I am looking for a Commissioning Engineer (ideally with an electrical background) to work for a leading system integrator within the transmission and distribution sector.
The successful candidate will be responsible for all site engineering related aspects of delivering and commissioning of a substation Protection and Control systems. The candidate must also be able to communicate effectively with the customer, have the ability to interpret schedules, drawings etc., and be prepared to be involved in and lead site visits for the purpose of surveys.
This position would suit someone who has a good grounding in Substation secondary systems commissioning and enjoys working in an engineering environment, who is keen to become involved in all aspects of site works and is keen to learn and develop new skills as part of an experienced and committed team.
* To understand drawings and test specifications, in order to complete the Site Acceptance Testing.
* Fault find any errors found and fix where possible or provide the necessary information to facilitate its resolution by others.
* Electrically proficient, understanding of IO (AC & DC) - Electric motors
* To be able to mark-up drawings and sign off drawings as part of the testing process.
* Demonstratable understanding of communications - fibre optics and serial comms.
* Knowledge of substations
* Navigation the software RTU/DCS/SCADA as part of the commissioning activities and fault finding.
* Articulate and have good communication skills both written and verbal
* Recent National Grid Site experience or Distribution Network Operator experience
* To have successfully completed Safety Passport training or an alternative safety course
* To have successfully completed specific health and safety awareness training delivered by recognised training provider (IOSH, CITB, RoSPA, BSC etc), e.g., manual handling, (preferred qualified to minimum of Appointed Person), lifting operations (banksman/slinger), working at height, CDM etc.
* Demonstrable experience of delivering Substation Protection/control systems or EC&I solutions on site with a track record of success - on time, to specification and within a commercial environment
* Must be prepared to travel and work away at customer sites
* Full UK driving licence.
* Current NG Person or Competent Person Certification
* Educated to at least HND level or higher with additional relevant experience
* First Aid at Work Certificate
* AutoCAD experience
Working from home with visits to site and client sites.