Your New Role
The purpose of your new role is to effectively direct the work of the Technical Department, to ensure that an effective technical service to the site is maintained and developed.
You will be responsible to making changes to the factory Quality & Food Safety Systems and for determining that quality, safety and legality is met at each stage of the process by liaising effectively with all relevant parties in a troubleshooting capacity.
Your Main Responsibilities
- To ensure that the Company Quality and Food Safety System, Policies, Procedures and Standards meet all safety, legality and quality requirements.
- To ensure that the appropriate assessments are carried out on raw materials, semi-finished products and finished products so as to ensure compliance with the relevant specifications and to make decisions regarding the acceptance or rejection of raw materials, semi-finished products and finished products.
- To ensure that Factory Personal Hygiene and Food Safety Regulations are enforced.
- To advise and consult with all relevant parties within the business including suppliers and others concerning safety, legality and quality issues.
- To provide technical support to the manufacturing operation and to assist in problem solving concerning safety, legality and quality issues throughout the site.
- To provide technical advice and expertise in the assessment of new suppliers, raw materials, product complaint investigations and troubleshooting. To establish, maintain and improve supplier relationships and to work with suppliers to improve the materials in terms of cost, safety, legality and quality.
- To develop, train, implement and periodically audit the Quality & Food Safety System procedures. These systems will include the site Quality & Food Safety Manual; HACCP Studies; Quality & Food Safety Procedures; Work Instructions; Product Specifications; Ingredient Specifications and forms as appropriate.
- To process raw material complaints and to work with suppliers to solve any related technical problems.
- To process customer complaints and to work with customers to resolve any problems relating to product safety, legality and quality.
- To liaise with the Production Managers regarding the effectiveness of hygiene procedures and to advise on the preparation and improvement of hygiene schedules and cleaning instructions. To work with the chemical supplier representative to improve the effectiveness of cleaning operations and the use of chemicals.
- To escort and assist with external body communications or visits to site.
- To liaise with the Management Team with regard to action arising from information concerning safety, legality and quality from internal and external audits, the laboratories, consumer complaints and other sources and to advise senior management and operatives accordingly in these areas. To manage and develop the role of all site personnel in the area of quality assurance.
- To manage the Pest Control activities for the site.
- To constantly seek and implement a continuous improvement philosophy in all areas of responsibility, to train and develop others in this philosophy where appropriate.
- To deputise for the Group Technical Manager as necessary.
Your Qualifications and Education Required
- Degree or equivalent on Microbiology, Food Science, Food Technology or a related subject
- Minimum of 2 years in a technical role with a minimum of 1 year managerial experience in a fresh meat environment
- Level 3 in Food Safety
- Level 3 HACCP
- Internal Auditor Training
- Verbal & written communication, negotiation, report writing and presentations.
- Team building and motivational skills
- Knowledge of Food Legislation
- Knowledge of Quality & Food Safety Procedures, HACCP microbiological and analytical techniques and interpretation of results and factory and Company Procedures, Policies and Quality Standards.
- Understanding of quality, safety and legality management, manufacturing and statistical techniques.
- Knowledge and experience of Organoleptic techniques and assessments of raw materials.
- Computer literacy
Your role is to encompass all aspects of quality assurance associated with production and engineering.
- The post holder is expected to be able to appreciate production, quality assurance and engineering priorities from a broad business perspective.
- The nature of the role demands a flexible approach to working hours
- The post holder will act as a member of the site management group.
- In the absence of the post holder his/her deputy (Technical QA) will assume responsibility
- Monday to Friday 7.30am to 4pm
- NEST Pension scheme
- 20 days Holiday
Please click on the Link submitting your full CV with current and up to date contact details.
I very much look forward to receiving your application.
Manufacturing Divisional Manager