Compliance Manager/ Toxicologist
Salary: Competitive, includes 10% bonus, 33 days holiday, pension etc.
Hours: Monday - Friday (9:30 - 17:30); could be some flex on this
Russell Taylor Group have partnered up with a Global Contract Testing company and the leading brand in the Contract Testing world; through existing growth of the consumer testing division we are looking for an experienced / registered Toxicologist to work at their modern site based in Manchester; this person will be giving the autonomy to grow and manage the team onsite , they will play a key role in supporting in key projects and key clients.
Reporting to: The Managing Director of this division
Responsible for: Driving growth in regulatory, technical, and toxicological services for external customers and managing/developing the compliance team.
Provide expertise internally to the whole UK team and deliver relevant trainings in the sphere of knowledge.
PURPOSE OF THE POST
- To manage the compliance team ensuring efficient processes are in place for all key tasks and relevant training for the team to ensure quality delivery of work within defined parameters.
- Be the point of contact for all toxicological reviews, CPSRs and other safety assessments
- Constantly explore new opportunities for development, whether in terms of markets or product groups.
- To actively assist in selling the compliance offering to new and existing customers
- Drive excellence through internal KPI's such as TAT-R, number of assessments, limited number of errors for your own work and that of the compliance team.
- Ensure thorough procedures and training documents are in place for the compliance team for all key internal reviews.
- Drive efficiency in all aspects of the compliance team to ensure excellent service.
- Continually broaden your product knowledge on all compliance aspects to encompass wider product categories that fit within the Product Testing strategy and respond to the needs of the customer base.
- Carry out regulatory work for current customer base
- Be a source of technical expertise within the team to provide best practice approaches for communication, reports etc.
- Keep up to date with current legislation in order to advise Client and its customers on accurate implementation of their requirements.
- Use your extensive knowledge to demonstrate our capabilities to selected Key Accounts with the aim of giving high level of customer care for those customers essential to the business, especially those with high regulatory needs.
- To prepare and update quotations for key customers.
- To represent the company regulatory within committees and other networking events.
Quality & Safety:
- To operate in line with the in-house Quality systems with specific reference to, reporting, contract review, complaints, and non-conformances.Finance:
- To manage the Compliance team within sound business practices to ensure cost effective decisions are made.
- To have a good understanding of costing and pricing strategies, use these to assist in regulatory offer development.
- To have the ability to prepare commercial proposals for clients.
- Comply with all relevant Health, Safety and Security Regulations.
- Will hold a Degree in a relevant, Scientific discipline
- It is ESSENTIAL that you are a Toxicologist/ qualified EUROTOX
- Sound compliance knowledge
- Solid people management experience, or a desire to progress into a managerial role having possessed additional responsibilities; such as having to train individuals on compliance and/ or analysis
- Will have strong interpersonal skills and able to manage key accounts and/ or communicate effectively with senior stakeholders.
- This ideal candidate will have worked within the personal care/ cosmetics sector although other industries will be considered.