Salary £40k Basic
Our Client is Chemical Manufacturing business who supply to the oil & gas, automotive, additive and aerospace industries. Reporting to the Compliance Director you will be responsible for driving forward the company's safety management system through a culture of organisational competence.
- Administer the Company's Compliance Programme
- Develop a culture of awareness
- Hazard Identification and Risk Assessment
- Take the lead in ensuring the Environmental and Quality Management System is maintained
- Facilitate the Company's external audit requirements
- Implement necessary actions to ensure achievement of the objectives of an effective compliance programme.
- Develop, track and report performance indicators on HSSE and compliance and benchmark these against industry standards
- Identification of hazards on site and make use of appropriate and proportionate risk evaluation techniques to make decisions
- Develop the scope and lead compliance based internal audits and ensure non-conformances and opportunities for improvement are appropriately actioned, completed and recorded.
- Responsible for maintaining company EQMS system and ensuring on-going ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 compliance
- Work with appropriate departments to ensure that the requirements of REACH, COSHH, DSEAR, Oil Storage Regulations etc. are fully met
- Act as point of contact for internal and external quality / environmental audits
- Responsible for site accident, incident and near-miss reporting and investigation, and leading improvement actions
- Develop, initiate, maintain and revise policies and procedures for the general operation of the Compliance Programme
- Collaborate with other departments and functions to direct compliance issues to appropriate existing channels for investigation and resolution
- Act as an independent review and evaluation body to ensure that compliance issues/concerns within the organisation are being appropriately evaluated, investigated and resolved
- Identify potential areas of compliance vulnerability and risk
- Provide regular status reports on compliance issues
- Ensure proper reporting of incidents to appropriate regulatory authorities where required and investigate near misses in order to determine causative factors
- Develop risk management strategies
- Remain abreast of existing and planned legislation, regulations and recommendations by authorities that impact on the Company's area of business
- Present a constructive, positive and pro-active attitude to matters concerning health, safety, quality and the environment
- 5 years' experience of administering occupational health and safety and compliance within an industrial plant environment.
- NEBOSH qualified or equivalent
- Excellent analytical skills
- Ability to communicate complicated compliance issues at all levels of the organisation
- Meticulous planning capability and a proactive approach to managing the Company's Compliance programme