Here at Russell Taylor, we are looking for a contract engineer to join a world leader in the design and manufacture of refuse collection vehicles. They supply the highest quality products that meet the highest expectations in terms of performance, cost, and delivery.
Key Requirements for the role
* Driving license
* HGV City and Guilds parts 1 & 2
Desired Requirements for the role
* HGV License
* Minimum 5 years HGV experience
* H&S qualification
* HGV city and Guilds part 3
Job purpose and key responsibilities
* You will be servicing and repairing a range of chassis and vehicle mounted municipal equipment at both customer premises and in company workshops, this including HGVS.
* You will work to the highest Quality & give the ultimate level of customer satisfaction.
* Always prioritise health and safety
To carry out repairs & servicing to various vehicles and associated equipment
* Diagnosis of faults on chassis and mounted equipment
* Compliance with DOT specifications when appropriate
* Inspection of vehicles to VOSA standards
* Preparation of vehicles for MOT to VOSA standards
* Service vehicles and associated equipment to high standard
* Repair vehicles and associated equipment to a high standard
* Ensure all work is completed to company standards, instructions and in a timely manor
* Complete all customer compliance paperwork immediately on completion of work or at
latest end of that working day prior to leaving site.
* Complete all compliance paperwork immediately on completion of work or at latest
end of that working day prior to leaving site.
* Identify and order parts using EPC.
* Responsible for company vehicle(s) as per company policy.
* Ensure that any additional work required is identified and completed in a timely and
* Estimates must be raised against chargeable work in accordance with contract
* Maintain parts department to high standard in order to reduce / stop stock losses
* Responsibility for on-site Stock
* Work closely with management to control contract costs.
* Undertake Product, Health and Safety training and in all related subjects to enhance
skills and knowledge.
* Carry out any reasonable request by management.
* Manage on contract engineers and workloads in the absence of the Contract
* Work with third party contractors as necessary.