Russell Taylor are recruiting for a Contracts Manager to manage mechanical handling engineering projects for their prestigious Client in South Yorkshire.
Projects include major turnkey contracts encompassing; Moving Bridges, Static Bridges, Water control Gates & Barriers, Winches and Haulages, Nuclear Waste Handling, as well as its historic core business in the mining industry supplying; Mine Shaft Systems, Mine Winders and Haulages and Underground Transportation Systems.
Their services include: Consultancy, Project management, Design, Manufacture and supply, Installation, Commissioning, Training and Service support.
- Project management of mechanical handling design projects from tendering to commissioning.
- Management and Involvement with preparation of estimates and tenders and functional and technical design specifications.
- Customer facing experience.
- Experience of managing technical / engineering personnel.
- Experience of project and contract management
- Experience of estimating and tendering.
- Experience & understanding of complex mechanical systems for large moving structures
- Experience with NEC Contract Conditions
Knowledge and Skills:
- Qualified to minimum HNC in mechanical engineering.
- A proven track record in managing complex mechanical engineering projects.
- Preferably with knowledge and demonstrable background in the design and application of mechanical handling systems across a diverse range of large turnkey engineering projects.
- Knowledge of current statutory legislation.
- Computer literate, confident in working with Word, Excel and PowerPoint, Microsoft Project