I have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Facilities/ Maintenance contracts manager to join a growing property services business in the Rotherham area. The property services business is part of a well-established wider group, they are in the early stages of growth and are looking for an ambitious contracts manager to join the team and grow with the business. The company has ambitious plans and is looking to double turnover year on year for the next 5 years. They offer repairs and maintenance of building fabric and fire doors to a wide range of clients including public sector and commercial with some key contracts established with NHS, Social Housing and Education clients.
As the property services part of the business is newly established there is a small team in place which offers the opportunity for this contracts manager to grow their own team and in turn have the opportunity to progress this role to operations manager level over time.
You will be based from the Rotherham office but due to the spread of clients you will be overseeing contracts nationally.
You will need to lead and manage a number of key contracts ensuring they are successfully executed in line with the contractual, Health and Safety, legislative, technical and commercial requirements. You will also secure repeat business from existing contracts and support the general growth of the business.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan projects and ensure they are programmed to a level of detail necessary for the site team to deliver the scheme without delays.
- Ensure projects are completed to original or updated design criteria, liaising with the appropriate technical resources where required.
- Plan labour and sub-contract resource effectively so that commercial targets are achieved, and contracts are delivered on time.
- Ensure procurement and reconciliation of materials is carried out in accordance with Company procedures to best value and to prevent delays
- Produce and analyse progress reports, performance reports, updated costs and forecasts utilising a number of data sources (e.g. IT systems, site reports etc)
- Implement appropriate risk management processes, review risk registers and check risk controls
- Chair and attend internal and external meetings and ensure the production of accurate records of any discussions and actions
- Set the highest possible standards of leadership in promotion of HS&E procedures and best practice, ensuring compliance with Company procedures and legal obligations
- Allocate HS&E responsibilities and duties for site personnel, check understanding and provide training as necessary
- Build and maintain relationships with both the client and external customers
- To undertake such other duties and responsibilities as would be deemed reasonably commensurate with the level of the post.
- Experience delivering FM, Repairs and Maintenance contracts
- Experience of delivering passive fire installation and repair contracts - Desirable
- Good working knowledge of contract conditions, CDM regulations, design management, programme and risk management and cost control including forecasting, actual cost and value reporting
- Member of BIFM or equivalent trade association - Desirable
- Experience of controlling costs, timing and quality in line with targets
- Experience of using a field management, asset management or similar IT system - Desirable
- GCSE's (Grade A-C) in Maths, English plus other relevant subjects (Science, Law, Technology etc.)
- HNC/HND/Degree Construction Management (or Equivalent)
- IOSH / NEBOSH - Desirable
- SMSTS / SSSTS - Desirable
- Ability to analyse large volumes of data - Desirable
- Microsoft Office intermediate user
- Ability to read and accurately interpret drawings and technical specifications.
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills with clients and all levels of staff
- Ability to meet project objectives within designated constraints
This will suit a Dynamic and enthusiastic manager who is looking to establish themselves within a growing business. Candidates that are currently at Project Manager level and looking for a step up will also be consider as long as they have the experience outlined above.
In return you will receive a competitive basic salary, company car/ allowance, Pension, Health care, Bonus scheme and 25 days holidays.
If you have the skills and experience outlined above and would like to be considered for this position please apply now or contact Aisling Ward on 01517375560 for more information.