Russell Taylor are actively recruiting for a Senior Control Systems Engineer on the Wirral.
Our Client specialises in the manufacturing and integration of sensors and systems that measure displacement distance, temperature and colour. They are used throughout most industries including automotive, aerospace, and motorsport.
We are seeking a top quality engineer from an Engineering/Software/Computer Science background, who wishes to work in a customer facing role, where they can translate customer requirements into working solutions.
- Manage a product portfolio, from initial enquiry through test evaluation and then integration into customer's plant.
- Managing incoming enquiries, assessing suitability
- Liaising with external sales team introducing relevant enquiries to them.
- Performing test and evaluation measurements at test facilities and preparing test reports
- Supporting customer trials and evaluation with onsite attendance when required
- Supporting the installation and commissioning team at point of delivery.
- Managing after sales service and support for installed systems.
- Experience of integration of automation products into customers processes: measurement sensors, vision camera systems, other 2D/3D solutions would be preferred but not essential
- PLC, HMI programming and implementation of communications protocols (Profibus, TCP/IP, UDP, serial communication, etc.)
- Good analytical and development skills
- Strong time management skills
- Work to deadlines and respond effectively to customer requests.
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Good working knowledge of PC's and Windows Operating Systems
- Work as an individual and as part of multi-disciplinary team
- Ability to interface with customers.
Knowledge of the following skills or the willingness to learn would be preferred:
Image processing software tools
ProfiNET and EtherCAT
PC software programming in C family
Programming in a Linux OS environment
You are likely to be HNC/HND/degree qualified in either a Electrical/Electronic Engineering or Software Engineering discipline.