Russell Taylor are actively recruiting for a Site Based Control Systems Engineer with a Siemens background.
The successful candidate will be involved in the design, implementation and commissioning of S7 based Control Systems and related software engineering activities on Heysham Power Station.
The candidate should have proven experience in S7 Systems, ideally supported by Siemens certification/training.
* Development of control system design and options from customer requirements
* Provide design input to development of system wide generics
* S7 programming of control systems (within TIA Portal) from given designs
* Involvement throughout whole software/systems lifecycle, from design through coding to testing, installation and configuration, and documentation (working throughout to full QA procedures)
* Working within project team to customer deadlines
* Installation and configuration/testing work at customer sites
* In depth knowledge of S7 systems
* Knowledge of Profibus DP/Profinet networks
* Engineering / Computer related or appropriate engineering qualification (degree/HND) or comparable industrial experience
* Minimum 5 years' experience to fulfil requirements of this post.
* Good client facing skills, must be able to work as part of combined client/contractor team
* Driving licence
* IEC61131 PLC Coding Standards.
* IEC61508 Safety Systems
* Integration of the Multi-PLC systems
* Commissioning experience with S7 systems
* Experience of working in the Power Generation Industry.