Russell Taylor are working with a leading advanced automation and real-time business intelligence company in the Nuclear industry, and are looking for several Control Systems Engineers with commissioning experience to work on a long term contract near Chester.
Summary of the contract:
You will be involved throughout the software/systems lifecycle, from design through coding to testing, installation and configuration, and documentation (working throughout to full QA procedures).
* Development of PLC system design and options from customer requirements
* Provide design input to development of system wide generics
* PLC programming of control systems from given designs (in particular Schneider Unity platform)
* Involvement throughout whole software/systems lifecycle, from design through coding to testing, installation and configuration, and documentation (working throughout to full QA procedures).
* Working within project team to customer deadlines
* Being part of a Commissioning Team and undertaking site commissioning activities.
* Installation and configuration/testing work at customer site
* Engineering / Computer related or appropriate engineering qualification (degree/HND) or comparable industrial experience
* Minimum 3 years' experience expectation to fulfil requirements of this post.
* Working knowledge of mainstream PLC Systems
* Good client facing skills, must be able to work as part of combined client/contractor team
* Knowledge of PLC system design lifecycle
* Previous Commissioning experience.
* Willingness to travel and work away
* Must be able to attain UK Security Clearance
* Driving licence
* IEC61131 PLC Coding Standards.
* Experience with Schneider products
* Supervision / Mentoring skills (advantageous but not essential)
* Network architecture design
* Experience of working in the Nuclear Industry.