Russell Taylor are actively recruiting for a Control Systems Engineer to work for a forward thinking System Integrator in Stafford. We are looking for experienced Software Engineers to work on a variety of systems and solutions in the UK Nuclear and Defence Industry.
Our Client recognises that their people are their greatest asset. They work as a team to promote a fantastic culture which encourages flexible working, progression, and generally a fun and rewarding place to work. Benefits include: - A very competitive basic salary, 30 days holiday (plus bank holidays), 12:30 finish on a Friday, a competitive pension and life assurance.
The job role:
- You will be responsible for the design and implementation of complex Automation, Safety, Material Tracking and Industrial Cyber Security Systems.
- Development of PLC system design and options from customer requirements
- PLC programming of control systems and configuration of SCADA from given designs
- Involvement throughout the whole software/systems lifecycle, from design through coding to testing, installation and configuration, and documentation (working throughout to full QA procedures) specifically production of FDS, DDS and Test Specifications
- Working within project team to customer deadlines
- Installation and configuration/testing work at customer sites
- Engineering / Computer related or appropriate engineering qualification (degree/HND) or comparable industrial experience
- Minimum 2 years' experience expectation to fulfil requirements of this post
- Good client facing skills, must be able to work as part of combined client/contractor team
- Knowledge of project lifecycle
- Experience of producing FDS, DDS and Test Specifications
- PLC system design, coding, testing and commissioning
- SCADA System Design, configuration and Commissioning
- Willingness to travel and work away when required
Please follow the instructions below to apply.