Russell Taylor are currently recruiting for several Control Systems Engineers to work on a long term contract near Reading.
The contract is likely to be at least 10 months and requires consultants to be SC Cleared.
We are looking for a candidate to replace an existing machine Control System on a Nuclear facility near Reading. The existing control system consists of a National Instruments LabVIEW HMI/SCADA software (3 programmes on three separate PCs) connected to three Rockwell (1768-L43) PLCs.
The new control system will comprise a Panorama E2 Functional Server SCADA software connected to the existing three Rockwell (1768-L43) PLCs. A number of Panorama E2 Workstations will also be required. The Rockwell PLC software is currently written in Structured Text and is to be re-written in Ladder Diagram.
* Review existing documentation and work with the client to gain an understanding of the machine and the associated services and interfaces.
* Assist with the design, development and testing of Rockwell PLC software programmes to fulfil the functions required by the Machine.
* Assist with the design, development and testing of a Codra Panorama E2 SCADA software programme to fulfil the functions required by the machine.
* Assist with the design and configuration of multiple Ethernet networks to fulfil the functions required by the machine.
* Design, develop and test the software interfaces required between the Panorama E2 SCADA and other systems.
* Develop a Basis of Design and Functional Design Specification for the software at the outset of the project.
* Develop and carry out a Factory Acceptance Test (FAT) procedure