- Control, monitor, analyse and report cost related aspects for designated projects within a Portfolio.
- Implement the correct and appropriate cost management tool for the project in accordance with CTO Programme Office processes/templates.
- Assist in development of and use of Project Control Structures (CBS, OBS, WBS etc.).
- Understand the basis of the estimate.
- Ensure all cost and contract transactions on a project are understood and managed in an appropriate way.
- Ensure all variances to the cost baseline are communicated in a timely manner.
- Ensure the necessary cost management interface is in place with Finance and ensure regular communications.
- Support the Business Planning process.
- Active involvement in the change process, understanding the reasons for and factors influencing each change to the project's cost baseline plus the implications of such change.
- Continually monitor Project Risk and Change status to maintain current forecast.
- Review and understand, with the assistance of the Planning Engineer, the schedule progress and it's alignment to the Project Control Structure.
- Liaise with Project team members and contractors with regards to progress and financial forecasting.
- Update the Cost Tool to comply with Project Reporting Cycles.
- Monitor, control and analyse the project cost information, identify variances and bring these to the attention of the Project Manager with possible alternatives. Prepare specific reports to facilitate challenge and analysis to meet the project's specific needs.
- Challenge cost variances against the baseline plan with individual task leaders/contractors and/or outside stakeholder management as necessary to enable mitigation.
- Contribute to progress meetings as required in support of the Project Manager.
- Regular interfacing and integration with the project Planning Engineer to maintain an aligned financial position with the project Primavera plan.
- Contribute to the drafting and updating of Project Documents (PDD, IRM papers etc.) to ensure that they contains the project Scope of Work, KPI's, payment milestones and the methodology for controlling the project schedule, costs and variances etc
- Contribute to Lessons Learnt process throughout the project lifecycle.Key competencies/underpinning knowledge:
- Good working knowledge of financial systems
- Understand the inter-relationship between time cost and commercial aspects of the project life cycle.
- Working knowledge of latest version of Primavera.
- Experienced in the use of SAP Finance and Project Modules
- Knowledge, skills & experience:
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Minimum of HNC/HND ideally in a cost related discipline or relevant experience.
- MACostE desirable.
- Breadth of experience across whole project and programme lifecycle. (e.g. Engineering, Procurement, Construction, Installation/Commissioning processes).
- Working knowledge of relevant Health and Safety legislation.
- High level of numeracy and excellent analytical skills.
- Excellent MS Office skills and well versed in the preparation of reports and information using packages such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Exhibits a strong awareness of the level of interaction required with the project team function to support the successful delivery of projects.
- The ability to reconcile cost information as it applies to the programmes of work.
- Proficient in the use of estimating, scheduling, programming and risk tools.
- Proficient in the use of Earned Value Analysis.
- Self-motivated with good interpersonal skills working in a team environment.
- Good attention to detail with good time management skills.
- Excellent communication and presentational skills.
- Able to use initiative.
- Ability to work flexibly within the demands of the project.
- Relevant experience in Project Controls and/or Project Delivery, preferably in a highly regulated environment.
- Evidence of strong engineering background, ideally within a safety/regulated environment.
For further details please contact Anna on 0151 304 7034 or send your CV to email@example.com