Qualifications and background
Applicants should be Degree qualified (or equivalent) in Quantity Surveying / Cost Management, and, ideally, be MRICS.
The ideal candidate will have a balance of experience of both cost management & estimating and will be adept at creating and developing successful stakeholder management relationships. You will be a self-starter, an analytical thinker that is quick to communicate results and issues, and enjoy working environments that afford a greater level of autonomy
Reporting to the Director and managing up to 10 people, responsibilities include:
- Consulting, establishing & implementing best practice cost management and cost engineering processes within client's organisation.
- Review and propose improvements to current business processes and policies related to cost management & change controls.
- Establish and maintain Project Cost Controls policies and processes.
- Manages the execution of estimates, plus the delivery to the clients
- Providing accurate project cost monitoring, forecasting and reporting to completion in line with budget, as well as pro-actively monitoring and managing cost variance and contract cash flow, and ensuring that applications are made correctly and in a timely manner
- Reviews and issues periodic cost & Cash flow reports to senior staff.
- Establish and manage the reviews all change orders in accordance with the client's approval process.
- Manages the payment application and invoice approval process prior to forwarding top accounts payable. Review payment requisitions, assess percentage of work complete with the project team and make recommendations.
- Provides procurement services for the client, where applicable, for construction and engineering services, including preparing RFP and bid analysis.
- Attends cost meetings to review procurement status and change order status with the contractors and engineering teams.
- Attend and chair project, cost and other meetings as required.
- Provides cost information on value engineering analysis.
- Develop Cost Models, Estimating Relationships (CER), schedules and risks analysis for programmes and projects in support of customers
- Support standardisation and update of estimates.
- Develop and maintain price proposal cost and pricing templates for customers
- Conduct cost and price analysis of competitive and non-competitive bids for supplies and services offered
- Provide training to staff on cost/schedule/risk estimation methods
- Managing contract change effectively, ensuring that projects remain within governance and adopt best practice
- Driving improvements in the accuracy of forecasts and budgets