Role: - Laboratory Manager (3 Month FTC- COVID Laboratory)
Location: - Manchester
Salary: - Competitive
Hours:- Alternating weeks: Week 1: 10.30am-6.30pm Sun-Thurs
Week 2: 10.30am-6.30pm Sat-Wed
Russell-Taylor Group have a fantastic opportunity for a Lab Manager to join a COVID-19 sample processing laboratory. Our client is a fast-growing manufacturing company who are going from strength to strength each year. They are looking for individuals who ideally have previous experience in a COVID Laboratory or ISO15189 facility and who have managed/supervised lab staff.
- Contribute to providing a cost-effective consistent analytical and applications service in line with company expectations and regulations.
- Communicate regularly with Senior Management on site to ensure that the schedules of the lab are in line with the business demands and ensure that the lab teams are scheduled.
- Gather and document figures on a regular basis (daily, weekly, and monthly)
- Manage and train laboratory staff- this will include a range of levels.
- Setting objectives for staff to help meet the company's expectations.
- Liaise with various other departments (for example Procurement) and Suppliers regarding costing of laboratory equipment and goods.
- Work to quality standard ISO 15189
- Ensure that all documentation is maintained in accordance with the company requirements.
- Write and review SOPs and technical documents when required.
- BSc OR MSc in a Science related subject · Previous experience in a laboratory environment.
- HCPC registration (desirable)
- Management experience in an ISO 15189 facility (desirable)