Russell Taylor have a fantastic opportunity for a Demand Planner to join our client, who is a forward thinking, Chemical Manufacturing continuously looking to grow, achieve and develop. This Demand Planner role is due to company growth and internal development. The ideal candidates will need to be a highly organised individual, with a passion for planning, analysing and forecasting. If you want to join a company that can offer you fantastic personal development, a company that invests in technology and tools to help you achieve your results and a role that will give you full exposure to the Supply Chain, then this could be the prefect role for you.
As the Demand planner you will be working with a team covering your area of expertise. You will be supporting the Supply Chain, Sales, Marketing and Finance team to develop and execute an accurate demand plan to meet customer needs and drive company growth.
What your new role as a Demand Planner will look like:
- Driving transformation and improvement in demand forecasting, S&OP process within the organisation.
- Working with teams to improve forecasting accuracy by driving the monthly product demand forecast cycle and utilizing the existing statistical forecasting application.
- Validating the data input in to the forecast, review and fine tune the statistical forecasts, where applicable.
- Monitor the demand plan performance (forecast error, accuracy, bias) by measuring actual versus planned performance at multiple planning levels. Prepare performance metrics and distribute to collaborators as feedback for continuous improvement.
- Working with both the Sales, Marketing and Finance teams to incorporate current and long-term market intelligence into the demand plan at product, customer and market levels and to develop, document and update the assumptions supporting the demand plan.
- Work with the Marketing team to incorporate new product introductions, product conversions and product deactivations in to the plan.
- Develop a demand-based revenue plan by business unit for comparison against annual business plans and financial forecast updates.
- Challenge the sales and marketing assumptions when significant deviations occur between the demand-based revenue plan and the business plans.
- Represent Demand Planning in the S&OP process and meetings and ultimately drive the S&OP process from Supply Chain side.
To be successful in your new role you will have:
We are looking for candidates who have significant knowledge and experience of Material Planning & Production Planning/Project Management gained in a fast-paced manufacturing environment that hold the following:
- Strong understanding of MRP software
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Supply Chain, Marketing or a related field
- Previous project management experience, including Lean Six Sigma and/or Green Belt certification
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with a curious, inquisitive mind-set
- Excellent stakeholder management, communication and presentation skills
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Outlook, Word & Excel and Access to design and execute complex queries and reporting.
- 20 Days Holiday plus Bank Holiday (with opportunity or purchasing a further 10 days)
- Competitive Employer Pension Contribution
- Opportunities for personal development with Tuition Reimbursement.
- Medical, dental and Vision Cover
- Company Shares Scheme
- Access to all on-site facilities