Demand Planner (Pharma / Chemical Manufacturing)
£ Salary - Negotiable Depending on Experience
We are thrilled to be EXCLUSIVELY recruiting for our global client in looking for a new Demand Planner to join their business in the North West. With a headcount globally of over 38,000 people, you will be joining an incredibly successful business during these crazy COVID times. Initially a 12 month FTC with a strong possibility of going permanent.
The aim of your new role is to dramatically improve service levels and forecast accuracy by driving the monthly product demand forecast cycle, utilising the existing statistical forecasting application, whilst positively impacting the inventory levels in the market for the life sciences and chemicals divisions.
We are looking for an experienced Demand Planner to join our Supply Chain Planning team and play a vital role in driving transformation and improvements in demand forecasting, S&OP process within the organisation, stronger collaboration with the customers and key divisions within our team, whilst positively affecting the Inventory levels and associated costs. You will have the opportunity to work with cross-functional teams in Supply Chain, Sales, Marketing and Finance to develop and execute an accurate demand plan to meet customer needs and drive company growth.
What You Will Be Doing
* Improve forecast accuracy by driving the monthly product demand forecast cycle, utilizing the existing statistical forecasting application. Validate data inputs to the forecast and review and fine tune the statistical forecasts, where applicable.
* Collaborate with Sales and Marketing to incorporate current and long-term market intelligence into the demand plan at product, customer and market levels and to develop, document and update the assumptions supporting the demand plan.
* Partner with Marketing to incorporate new product introductions, product conversions and product deactivations in to the plan.
* Utilize exception management and root cause analysis to identify forecast deviations and issues for correction by collaborators.
* Monitor the demand plan performance (forecast error, accuracy, bias) by measuring actual versus planned performance at multiple planning levels. Prepare performance metrics and distribute to collaborators as feedback for continuous improvement.
* Develop a demand-based revenue plan by business unit for comparison against annual business plans and financial forecast updates. Challenge the sales and marketing assumptions when significant deviations occur between the demand-based revenue plan and the business plans.
* Deliver the unconstrained demand plan to Supply Planning in the required format.
* Represent Demand Planning in the S&OP process and meetings and ultimately drive the S&OP process from Supply Chain side.
* Conduct additional projects as needed.
The successful candidate will be a part of the Supply Chain team in the UK and will help deliver the overall Supply Chain ambition in relation to Cost, Savings and Service.
Degree in Business, Supply Chain Management, Engineering or related field of study and two to four years of work experience.
Independence level/Reports to: Impacts high level sourcing decisions and manufacturing plans to provide the products required at the most competitive cost. Will be reporting to SC Director Market North.
* Bachelor's degree
* 2 years of experience in supply chain, marketing and/or a related field
* Immigration sponsorship not available for this role
* Bachelor's degree in Business, Supply Chain, Marketing or a related field
* Advanced technical or business degree
* Experience with existing statistical forecast application
* High level proficiency in Microsoft Office, specifically Microsoft Excel and Access to design and execute complex queries and reporting
* Proficiency in SAP, ASW are an advantage
* Previous project management experience, including Lean Six Sigma and/or Green Belt certification
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* Effective at building relationships and utilizing problem solving skills to drive decisions and build consensus amongst stakeholders
What's in it For You
* Opportunity for a long term career path that allows for exposure into all areas of the supply chain
* Access to best in class resources, tools, and technology
* Thrive in a company that values sustainability, drives a safety-focused culture and has been recognized as one of the most ethical companies in the world
* Comprehensive benefits package starting day 1 of employment- medical, dental, vision, matching 401k, company paid pension, stock purchase plan, tuition reimbursement and more!
Please click on the link to apply ensuring all your contact details are correct and up to date.
We look forward to receiving your application.
Manufacturing Divisional Manager