Salary Negotiable + Company benefits
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Design Coordinator to join a well established national housing contractor who specialise in Education, Leisure, Public/Council building, House Building, Regeneration and Retail. Due to their ongoing and increasing portfolio of work they now have a requirement for a Design Coordinator to join their education team, focusing on pre-construction aspects of new phases of existing schemes and future developments throughout the North West.
As Design Coordinator, you will manage the design and regulatory approval process for residential housing and education developments, from conception through to completion of build. Reporting to the Senior Technical Manager, you'll assist the Cost Management Team in preparing projects appraisals with a view to acquiring land.
You will also be responsible for the development and delivery of all design aspects of the project, including the management of the Design Consultants to ensure it is compliant with the full design brief and within the agreed budget.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Review all design issues relating to GA's
- Review compliance with Building Bulletins and other statutory regulations.
- Review ER's in line with Contractor's proposals
- Input into VE and design change
- Review design deliverables and design programmes
- Assist with procurement and construction programmes
- Assisting with consultant appointments
- Attending and minuting Design Team meetings
- Liaison with the Commercial Team for cost checking
- Issue of construction drawings to Construction Team
- Understand the scope of and help to manage the Design Team
- Clear communication of expectations for design deliverables with Designers
- Monitoring of design & resolution of technical queries
- Review compliance of design against Employer's Requirements/ Specs/Contractors Proposals/Budget
- Monitor design changes and change control
- Knowledge of building regulations / sustainability
- Able to organise document distribution
- Able to programme design works
- Able to prioritise and organise workflow
- Technical and process minded
- Have the ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
- Must be organised and able to manage their time effectively
- Confident and enthusiastic
- Flexible & adaptable
- Good verbal and written communicator
This is an excellent opportunity to join a very established and busy housing contractor to apply please email your CV to Lauren.firstname.lastname@example.org