DESIGN COORDINATOR - CHISWICK - £35,000 - £50,000 + BENEFITS
Our Main contractor Client has operated throughout London and the south east of England for over 40 years focusing on the delivery of small to medium sized alteration, refurbishment and new-build projects.
They now require a Design Co-ordinator on a permanent basis to join their main office located in West London. This role is suitable for someone who is an experienced Design Coordinator/Manager and capable of developing the Design Management department by establishing and implementing Design Management best practice procedures.
You will be required to oversee the design process of multiple schemes concurrently as well as contribute to the tender process and bid preparation on potential jobs.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Carry out full technical reviews and evaluate design information received at tender stage.
- Add value to the project through sensible and practical Value Engineering, seeking alternative options in design while maintaining the essence and quality of the design through each stages of the design process.
- Ensure the design information received meets the Contractor's Proposals and Employer's Requirements
- Review designs against Building Regulations to ensure compliance
- Identify risk and promote strategies and alternative design solutions to mitigate issues.
- Engage in consultant negotiations and appointment, including novated and directly appointed.
- Assembly of consultant appointment documents in accordance with company procedures.
- First point of contact for all clients regarding design issues.
- Define the scope of services of each Design Consultant through the use of a Design Responsibility Matrix.
- Production and management of the Design Information Required programme to ensure development of the design and client approvals are achieved within an agreed time influenced by the overall project programme.
- Raise RFI's when necessary and maintain the RFI tracker until each item is closed out
- Monitor the preparation of information required by relevant statutory bodies and local authorities ensuring timely submission
- Identify and manage design change and client approval when necessary
- Lead design reviews for both coordination and Employers Requirement compliance.
- Ensure all design information is buildable in a safe manner
- Auditing and signing off of on the quality and content of design information against invoices received at agreed design stages.
- Challenge Design Team consultants who are not performing
- Minimum 3-5 years relevant industry experience, candidates from an architectural or Engineering background would be preferable.
- Collaborative and professional work ethic, competent client facing ability.
- Good knowledge of construction processes and UK building regulations.
- Experience with NHBC and Premier Guarantee.
- Experienced knowledge of the RIBA Work Stages and relevant scope of services for each design discipline
- Experience and working knowledge of AutoCAD
- Experience and working knowledge of Revit and BIM systems
- Experience of problem-solving construction issues and be capable of drafting design sketches at short notice
- Capable of working with in a multidisciplinary team
For more information and to arrange a meeting, email your cv to firstname.lastname@example.org and call 07557037656