DESIGN COORDINATOR - NORTH WEST LONDON - £35,000 - £50,000 + BENEFITS
Our Main contractor Client has operated throughout London and the south east of England for over 20 years focusing on the delivery of small to medium sized alteration, refurbishment and new-build projects.
They now require a Design Co-ordinator on a permanent basis to join their main office located in North West London. This role is suitable for someone who is an experienced Design Coordinator/Manager and capable of developing the Design Management department by establishing and implementing Design Management best practice procedures.
You will be required to oversee the design process of multiple schemes concurrently as well as contribute to the tender process and bid preparation on potential jobs.
Key responsibilities and duties:
* Previous experience as a design coordinator in a construction company
* Arranging and attending design team meetings to lead the process with the consultants and sub contract designers, issuing minutes and ensuring the resulting actions are actioned
* Collate and manage the drawing and related documents for the construction process
* Carrying drawing reviews issuing comments then ensuring all comments are added accordingly to the design
* Carry out technical reviews of any proposed works to ensure contractual and technical compliance.
* Check drawing packages produced by subcontractor and verify site dimensions/information to ensure correctness of design proposal
* Managing the design process of contract design proposal for design team sign off
* Submitting Design information to the client team and recording, tracking and closing out any comments and queries that arise
* Issue, track and close out any requests for Information that arise to enable the design to be completed.
* Follow-up the design process to meet the programme
* Providing design support to management team and the site team
* Architectural/interior background
* MS‐Office skills
* AutoCAD skills
* Site experience
* Organisation, planning and communication skills
* Team player
* Working knowledge of construction related environment, health and safety legislation, quality management systems.
Please send your CV to Luca.email@example.com or call 020 3327 2013