Design Engineer (Construction)
Our client is a multinational company who provide sustainable products and systems into the construction industry. They already have an incredibly established portfolio in facades, rainscreens and weather protection panels, and due to an overwhelming increase in work they now need a Designer Engineer to join their Design Team.
This role is responsible for developing a working design on projects in compliance with the design intent and estimate with consideration of the manufacturability, buildability and project budget. Responsible for ensuring all designs are safe by design for manufacture, installation and life of the building and comply with the CDM regulations and other applicable standards. Coordination of the design all other involved parties to obtain client approval. Working on multiple projects to completion within the defined programmes. Generation of production and installation information.
An innovative company with exciting projects for the successful candidate to be involved with and plenty of scope for progression with a competitive salary package on offer.
Your new role will have a direct impact on our clients' strategic objectives for the department.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- To produce designs drawings utilising either Inventor and AutoCAD for all projects and in line with estimate.
- Review Project Designer's designs, drawings and production sheets prior to issue internally and externally.
- Produce and check Project Designer's component manufacturing drawings prior to submittal to procurement.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Must be able to articulate technical information to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Knowledge of Inventor desirable with Autocad essential
- Must be able to analyse drawings and data to quantify and rationalise requirements
- Preferably Degree or equivalent in relevant discipline encompassing design, engineering and construction techniques.
- Considerable experience in a construction engineering role, preferably involving design of facades and/or structural steel or similar.
This is a fantastic opportunity with a forward thinking company who continue to develop within their sector and are looking for like minded individuals to join the company.
Apply via CV submission or contact Mike Cairns on 07741260386 to discuss further.