Design Manager - Housing
Salary £50,000 - £60,000 Plus Bonus scheme, Car/allowance and full benefit package including health care and pension
My client are a leading housing developer with one of the best reputations in the industry for excellence and Quality. Due to an increase in developments in the North West area they are looking to increase their management team with a Design manager. The Design manager they are looking for will have proven experience delivering high spec housing projects from inception through to completion and hand over.
The ideal Design Manager my client are looking for will provide a practical and cost effective design service to the company. Managing in-house and external designers to ensure that best practice is followed, costs are controlled, the department maximises revenue generation and contribution to the company's operating profit. As a Design Manager you will be responsible for site evaluation, planning, architectural/ or engineering design and the investigation of technical problems encountered and provision of economically viable solutions.
You will be responsible for managing a variety of sites from 50 units to 300 units. Reporting to the Technical Director, to manage the design process and report on all planning and architectural aspects of the business from land acquisition through to site completions.
- Jointly ensure that Technical Department procedures are adhered to, and layouts, technical reports for land appraisal and required working drawings are provided within the agreed date schedule.
- Liaise with Land / Development / Estimating / Construction / Sales Departments throughout the development process, provide technically correct information as required.
- Jointly responsible for producing technical design solutions within cost plan or approved appraisal budget.
- Take responsibility for liaison with regulatory bodies such as the NHBC and planning authorities in order to satisfy current standards and conditions.
To consider you will have proven experience of the following;
- Contracting experience of at least 3 - 5 years in a similar role
- A strong team motivator with the drive and tenacity to achieve the goals of the business.
- Various forms of construction technology
- Excellent communicator, with high detail orientation.
- Using Microsoft suite of Office programmes; inc. Excel, Word, Outlook and Project.
- Management of multiple Housing/ residential projects
- Ability to prioritise tasks to meet changing business needs.
- Qualified as an Engineer, Architectural Technician or Planner to HNC level, RICS or RIBA qualified or NVQ Level 5 in a relevant subject
The Design Manager my client are looking for must be comfortable to work off their own initiative with experience of working on residential developments. The design manager will require a knowledge of AutoCAD design software and Adobe Acrobat with strong time management and communication skills.
If you are interested in this position, then please apply now by sending your CV to email@example.com and if you require any more information or call Lauren on 0151-737-5560